Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: From the Board regarding the new boating policy

Quote Originally Posted by iPhish View Post
    Guys I've already mentioned this earlier in this thread. Why not allow us with good insurance coverage, name Irvine Lake et al. as an ADDITIONAL INSURED on our private boaters insurance coverage.
    I think we need a real Lawyer now!!!!! Would was stated above work?????? Or you just can't prevent anybody from suing anybody if they want too bad enough??????

You guys don't think this has already been discussed by the lake management and Insurance companies? Come on I'm quite certain Irvine has done the due diligence to find a potential insurance and financial workaround for this situation that would not leave the management team in a situation where this could reoccur.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I think we need a real Lawyer now!!!!! Would was stated above work?????? Or you just can't prevent anybody from suing anybody if they want too bad enough??????
    Because even though your insured they go after deep pockets. Irvine lake would get sued. I used to race motocross at saddleback park in the day same thing happened and park was closed. Irvine won't close but private boats are done for a couple of years anyway.

I work in the insurance industry. I will try to see what can be done. I would need to see the judgment, order or the verdict forms if it was a jury trial. Up to you, but you know I will try my best to find you the right insurance.

My question is what about increasing my insurance coverage on my boat. I wonder if we can add some type of ryder to our personal policies that would allow us back on the water. I will look into it all. I hate to see this happen.

There should be a way for boats to qualify to be on the lake. It may disqualify some but save others. Anyway, I will see what I can find out if you want me to. Was there a time frame put on the judgment or is it set in stone forever? Was the decision appealed? We can try to get it overturned if we band together signing a petition and writing the appropriate person in legislature. We can do this people!

What ever happened to being responsible for your own actions?? If you go out on a boat anywhere... ocean, lake, river, mudhole, doughboy swimming pool, bathtub..ect.. there is a risk of drowning. It is no ones Fault. Accidents happen, sometimes because of stupidity sometimes by......well accident. this is not a reason to sue anyone. Whatever happened to these guys sucks I agree but how does it make it Irvine lake or anyone else's fault but their own. Our nation is filled pathetic idiotic people who blame everyone else for their misfortunes in life and never look in the mirror.

Default Legal help

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    After 17 years as an expert witness and litigation consultant nothing surprises me anymore. Until we have litigation reform and loser pays nothing will change. The sad and sorry fact is most lawsuits filed are frivolous to some degree or the other. We have legal system where trial lawyers sue everyone under joint and several liability and contributory negligence. Name a half a dozen or more defendants that have insurance and the insurance carriers will settle in a heartbeat. It is legalized extortion. A dead, disfigured or disabled child is the biggest award winners in the legal lotto game and you can't have enough insurance.

It costs on average for an insurance company to go to trial $40,000 and winning for the insurance company is not a sure bet. Better to settle for less than the $40,000 to make it go away. I can’t tell you the number of cases I turned down because they were frivolous or weak and someone else took the case. I have asked other experts why they to such a case and the reply was a paycheck is a paycheck win or lose I still get paid. My moral compass never let me do that and I am sure my wallet suffered for it; however in 17 years I never lost a case or failed to get my clients a settlement. Oh and I slept well at night.

A few legal facts:
    96% of all lawsuits filed in the World are in the USA.
    Every business in California will be sued at least once during its business life.
    25% of all Californians with income over $50,000 will be sued in their lifetime.
    Comforting isn’t it. Shakespeare had it right when he said kill all the lawyers.
    Hey there. I like the way you see things. I have a few lawsuits going on and one 2 I would like to start. 1 is for legal malpractice and the other is for conspiracy which can end up in winning millions. I just need the right attorney and I need it on a contingency basis. I have a great case and they have deep pockets. If you are interested or know someone in the LA area, please inbox me. Thanks.

Oh, and regarding this case, private boaters have boaters insurance so it shouldn't fall on the lake. It is just like driving a car. The fault seems like it should fall on the owner of the boat and not the lake.

CMD

What really sucks is that I store my boat there and that is my main lake. So now I have to pay monthly to store my boat, yet can't put it on the water. Then, I have to pay full price for a rental. Now that just isn't fair. People who store their boats there and pay a monthly fee should at least get free boat rentals or at least a large discount. I will wait a few months to see what happens during trout season but if it isn't figured out, what is the point of having a boat. I might as well sell it and take up a new hobby...lol Now I can only fish tournaments and I have to win in order to make it worth it.

This is like having a car accident and suing the city because it happened on city streets. What is expected then....no cars on city streets?...lol

My condolences goes out to the Families this is a sad times for Irvine and the private boaters, for Irvine I think the most because I think the lake soon will close shop. Someone earlier mention about the low stocking and drama this was behind the seems and the reason for the drama I think. Irvine use to be my home lake I had great times at Irvine with great people and friends. I am a boat owner and have no need to fish Irvine it's time to cut ties, until this is irons out. When you see staff posting more then the anglers I knew something was going wrong. CM I will never give up my passion give me a pot with water if I know its fish in it I'm dropping my line Lol ..lo

Quote Originally Posted by lowe View Post
    ... for Irvine I think the most because I think the lake soon will close shop.
    I think at this rate, it's more lucrative to sell the water out right and close the lake, than pay for staffing/insurance/stockings to keep fisherman happy.

It is a business, after all.

Wow I love to float tube this lake and yes feel for the families loss, Do you remember quite a few years when water was 3 foot over spill way and there was a trailer floating in the lake? you guys didnt ban trailers or if someone would drive a truck into the lake on the way to trout island would you ban cars? I always get checked making sure i have life vest on my tube maybe make it a policy you have to wear them not just have them on any water craft (as it should be) I know people will complain about that as well. You have some very loyal fans of your paid lake that dont want to find another lake, rentals I guess are option for trollers the can rent a boat are you guys gonna rent float tubes as well? PLEASE BRING TUBES BACK thats my 2 cents

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast