Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: From the Board regarding the new boating policy

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGillChaser View Post
    Okay if a person drowned in a rental they cant sue you guys?
    This is America. You can sue anybody for anything. LOL.

(Although I think they did mention in this post or the other one that their insurance policy does cover people in rentals)

I would say the majority of the people on this board have Conservative leanings!!!! With that being said, what is the Conservative view point on business? Only the strongest should survive!!! Bad business decisions means their OUT OF BUSINESS!!!! Maybe we will get lucky and some one new takes over and solves this problem!!

Just like the big banks on Wall Street right?????????
    Last edited by Brent; 07-21-2015 at 09:44 AM.

You can't fix STUPID, once upon a time in this great land people took personal responsibility and ownership for their actions/decisions. Today when something bad happens it's always the other guys fault and not mine and they must pay. You can't buy a product today without some stupid warning label on it, blame the trial lawyers for that. The average reading comprehension in this country is 8th grade 4th month and I would guess the IQ is no larger than my waist size. You can't fix STUPID but you can make someone else PAY!

In business it's always been the strongest survive, grow your business or die. You only go into business for two reasons: Fun and Profit. If their isn't any Profit it's no Fun!!!
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 07-21-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    You can't fix STUPID, once upon a time in this great land people took personal responsibility and ownership for their actions/decisions. Today when something bad happens it's always the other guys fault and not mine and they must pay. You can't buy a product today without some stupid warning label on it, blame the trial lawyers for that. The average reading comprehension in this country is 8th grade 4th month and I would guess the IQ is no larger than my waist size. You can't fix STUPID but you can make someone else PAY!

In business it's always been the strongest survive, grow your business or die. You only go into business for two reasons: Fun and Profit. If their isn't any Profit it's no Fun!!!
    Weren't you in litigation consulting?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Weren't you in litigation consulting?
    Yes and I could tell hundreds of war stories. A Civil trial only requires a simple majority from the jury to get an award unlike a Criminal trial that requires a unanimous verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I would say the majority of the people on this board have Conservative leanings!!!! With that being said, what is the Conservative view point on business? Only the strongest should survive!!! Bad business decisions means their OUT OF BUSINESS!!!! Maybe we will get lucky and some one new takes over and solves this problem!!

Just like the big banks on Wall Street right?????????
    Too Big to Fail!!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Yes and I could tell hundreds of war stories. A Civil trial only requires a simple majority from the jury to get an award unlike a Criminal trial that requires a unanimous verdict.
    So you're dogging a process that allowed you to remain employed in litigation consulting?

"I hate litigation and lawyers, but I consult in it."

What is with all the haranguing of a private business? Don't you think they evaluated their options if thousands of monthly revenue were at stake? The water district didn't let them keep their lease all these years because they were stupid. Irvine can be a little campy but is a good fishery. They are not denying anyone a wedding cake or anything.

Denying people the use of their own boat is a big thing if you own a boat. Look at DVL or ask the people who had their own boat, how many times did you rent a boat at DVL after the ramp was unusable? The big problem as I see it, they might cut back on the fish plants. If they lose say 15% of their business because of no private boat launching. They might be tempted to save money by planting less or smaller fish. This then causes a domino effect of people catching less fish and not coming back. So then to compensate for having even less money, they further cut back on the amount of fish planted. Causing a negative whirl wind and soon they are no longer profitable and go out of business!!!! THE END!!!!

I'm no boat owner so I always rent at DVL or Irvine, probly 1-2 times a month average.

The WD aint letting that cash cow go anywhere. The lake goes away, the WD has a huge property requiring maintenance and security making no revenue.

Maybe just maybe, current management gets booted(hope not) as the worst case scenario. The WD puts the concession to bid requiring higher/more insurance and some rule changes and boom off and running. Maybe the new concession has more investors to buy more water to keep the lake full and healthy and Irvine becomes the bass jewl of the OC that Laguna Niquel once was.

Don't know if the water buying part would work since its a drinking water reservoir for local cities. Don't know if a new concession could own water on WD property. I'm sure an agreement could be worked out.

Or God forbid they reduce the entry fee to increase the draw. Yah, I know private boaters are still denied.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 07-21-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast