Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Very important boating announcement

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    illegal mexicans? are you making the assumption that they were illegal because they were mexicans? or because in fact they were illegal? i dont recall reading anywhere that they were illegal
    georgia_brown checked their papers before they launched apparently.

In to late 70's it was not privately owned and did require a fishing license. I remember game wardens checking for them.

If it were no longer privately owned, you could most definitely say goodbye to any semblance of a decent stocking program. Then it wouldn't be much better than fishing at a city park, defeating the whole purpose for having a privately owned, no license required pay lake.

This was stated from one of the members.

" You all do realize this is just bulls#!t, don't you?
    This is just a lie to increase the profits of the boat rental concessionaire."

But in response to his post by the vine this was stated.
    " The good news is that lake management are adding to the rental fleet, so a bit more variety in the types of craft available should be in place soon."
    '

I am just making an assumption. But what was posted by the member might have some truth. So, Will it become a lake with no private boats?

the no license thing is baloney...sarl says the same. you pay for a day license to that lake you fish in. by california dfg law requires a fishing license in all bodies of water in california.

what i dont understand is why are the insurance not allowing private boats but allow the lakes boats. what make them any safer? still have people using them. i've never fished here and most likely never will

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbite909 View Post
    This was stated from one of the members.

" You all do realize this is just bulls#!t, don't you?
    This is just a lie to increase the profits of the boat rental concessionaire."

But in response to his post by the vine this was stated.
    " The good news is that lake management are adding to the rental fleet, so a bit more variety in the types of craft available should be in place soon."
    '

I am just making an assumption. But what was posted by the member might have some truth. So, Will it become a lake with no private boats?
    Dude it already is a lake with no private boats!

This thread is really taking a dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by dpaulus9 View Post
    .... by california dfg law requires a fishing license in all bodies of water in california.
    This is definitely not the case for private waters not stocked or managed by a state agency. You sir are incorrect.

So, Will it become a lake with no private boats?
    Already no private boats so that is a moot point.

But what was posted by the member might have some truth.
    Some people need to retake economics. The comment by the lake sounds to me like they might be investing into some better boats. Potentially some like DVL calls their deluxe bass boat. Not sure, just a thought. These aren't free and the initial investment is very costly. They will not be recovering these initial costs overnight. People beat the crap out of rental boats. Repairs, fuel, battery charging, insurance, staff, etc. all go into the cost of renting these boats.

There is this conspiracy theory that these boat rental fees are lining the deep pockets of some concessionaire. Doing business in California is expensive.

I'm old enough to remember when non-residents could fish at Lake Sherwood, another privately owned SoCal lake, from shore or rental boats...they no longer allow us riff-raff there anymore and haven't for a long time...I'm surprised that hasn't happened at Lake Irvine as well...at least you can still fish there if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    illegal mexicans? are you making the assumption that they were illegal because they were mexicans? or because in fact they were illegal? i dont recall reading anywhere that they were illegal
    Oh jesus. That wasn't even the point. Lighten up. Low class mexicans that try to sneak a tiny raft onto a lake ok. Does it really matter? Why care about these words? There's tons of illegal mexicans here. Good chance these people were.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast