Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very important boating announcement

Default Very important boating announcement

We apologize for the inconvenience,
    due to recent insurance restrictions
    as of Thursday July 23rd,
    Irvine Lake will no longer allow private boats,
    float tubes, kayaks or canoes on the water.
    Rental boats and pontoons will be available and
    night fishing will continue.

Thank you

Last edited by vineline; 07-16-2015 at 12:38 PM.

wow... havent fished here but i'm gonna assume that's a big hit to float tubers!

Wow & i was just planning to take my float tube out!
    Ohh well next lake it is

That's a serious bummer for a lot of people. Permanent situation or temporary?

This is the worst news... Is it just temporary ? I sure hope so...

If this is a permanent solution! Get a new insurance agent. Or start talking to a financial manager because Irvine Lake is going bust. You've got to be kidding me that with all of the private launch fees you've collected from all of us you still can't afford insurance to allow private boats, etc. I knew it when we started seeing lack of "stocking videos" with trout last season and it's continued with this catfish season that something is going on behind the scenes with the Irvine Lake business, now this proves it! Well you've lost my business because I'm not paying high rental boat prices when I already have a perfect good boat sitting in my garage to use.

Good luck,I tube there every week

Without knowing the circumstances that led to this it's difficult to make any kind of judgement but this is a very bad precedent and must not be allowed to stand. Perhaps it's best to fill everyone in for better or for worse or your business will indeed take a huge hit. If this is unjustly being mandated to you, I'm sure many will rally to your cause. While I don't fish there anymore, I grew up in that area and my childhood is filled with many good fishing memories with my father and friends. Best of luck for a positive outcome...

If we store our boats there, do we have to pay for rental boats too? Trout season will be very different.

Wow! What a bad situation for everyone. Hopefully it will get resolved soon. Suggestion? Maybe the vine could provide
    a boat shuttle service to access more of the lake for shore fisherman. Because the lake is going to take a dive financially
    without private launch.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast