Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Very important boating announcement

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    If it were no longer privately owned, you could most definitely say goodbye to any semblance of a decent stocking program. Then it wouldn't be much better than fishing at a city park, defeating the whole purpose for having a privately owned, no license required pay lake.
    How do the public lakes in SD and LA county stay stocked? Seems like the issue with the city ponds is more a matter of size than anything. Make it public but only opened to licensed fisherman. That will keep out the illegal bucket brigade fishing out the public city ponds.
    Last edited by georgia_brown; 08-13-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by georgia_brown View Post
    How do the public lakes in SD and LA county stay stocked? Seems like the issue with the city ponds is more a matter of size than anything. Make it public but only opened to licensed fisherman. That will keep out the illegal bucket brigade fishing out the public city ponds.
    They "stay" stocked by a dwindling DFW that plants 6-8" trout. Irvine as a private entity stocks much, much better trout than that. What kind of excellent fishing have you experienced at any DFW stocked lake/pond? LMB exist only due to the C&R performed by fellow anglers that care about their fishery. Skinner and DVL stock nice trout because they pay for the stocking themselves with fishing fee revenue. DFW does NOT contract Mt. Lassen or Chaulk Mound hatcheries to bring in trophies to spice up the bite.
    And "only open to licenced fishermen"? You have to have a license to fish at any city park already. Lol if you think the bucket brigade will let a license law stop them you don't know them very well.

Any conspiracy theory that Irvine is shutting out private boaters to boost rental revenue is wildly mistaken. They are upgrading their fleet because they want to continue to provide the best fishing experience possible given the new circumstances, and also stay profitable. Nobody wants private launching available to anglers more than Irvine Lake.
    Steve Carson and the whole Irvine staff can/will do everything they can to carry on the excellent fishing at the lake, no doubt.

BINGO ! Nice to see someone in the know posting. Hope 2 cya out there on the troll in a few months Jag

Oh jesus. That wasn't even the point. Lighten up. Low class mexicans that try to sneak a tiny raft onto a lake ok. Does it really matter? Why care about these words? There's tons of illegal mexicans here. Good chance these people were.
    Lighten up? Why even make a stupid comment like that ?

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    Lighten up? Why even make a stupid comment like that ?
    Apologies. I don't consider illegals some special class of people like mentally handicapped people that I shouldn't make comments about or reference to. Guess I'm not a product of this fine state educational system here and call it like I see it. Since this scumbag state has seen fit not to question people about their "immigration status" and in fact offers them "sanctuary" I see no problem with making assumptions. And again that wasn't my point. Am I on Reddit or a fishing forum SMH.

I see no problem with making assumptions.
    Quotable quotables.

Seems like it'd be best if it were taken via imminent domain and made a public lake. How come OC doesn't have any fishing lakes like San Diego and LA counties do? Why are they all private? How do municipalities get around this whole illegal mexicans sneaking in a homemade raft and putting too many people on it problem? I'm sure they do that at El Capitan and Lake Castiac too right. Just thinking aloud for the most part. I don't really understand the situation but it's just weird to me that every halfway decent place to fish in OC is a private pay lake.

" I'm sure they do that at El Capitan and Lake Castiac too right." not really since Castaic has life guards and sheriff's right there at the launch ramp watching what is going on and patrol the lake often

Quote Originally Posted by HBAR View Post
    " I'm sure they do that at El Capitan and Lake Castiac too right." not really since Castaic has life guards and sheriff's right there at the launch ramp watching what is going on and patrol the lake often
    Was referring more to liability. A private company with a private fishing lake would have a different liability in such a case than a public lake or ocean. Think if someone did that at Castiac they wouldn't be able to sue as easily. Some legal eagle here could probably explain the whys better than I. Probably why you have to sign a waiver at pay lakes but don't when fishing say Mile Square Park or Castiac.
    Last edited by georgia_brown; 08-20-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Was referring more to liability. A private company with a private fishing lake would have a different liability in such a case than a public lake or ocean. Think if someone did that at Castiac they wouldn't be able to sue as easily. Some legal eagle here could probably explain the whys better than I. Probably why you have to sign a waiver at pay lakes but don't when fishing say Mile Square Park or Castiac.
    sign what waiver? I never signed one when I fished Irvine or even when I took my boat out there

Quote Originally Posted by HBAR View Post
    sign what waiver? I never signed one when I fished Irvine or even when I took my boat out there
    Ok, I'm not some rich person from Orange County and have never fished Irvine Lake, nor SARL (drove by there once and took a look and it looked like someone took a gravel parking lot and dug a hole in the ground, $25 yeah right) for that matter. Assumed you had to sign a waiver that whatever happens to you is not their fault. Isn't this SOP for private recreational ****? I mountain bike and snow summit you sure as hell have to sign a waiver. They might have some sign or something that they're not responsible. Sorry frens. Anyways did some research and apparently IRL is a nonprofit of sorts and found that people who live in Villa Park (some rich community I imagine) get to fish for free there (like 2 passes a month or something) and so I stand corrected and retract my previous statements. Still taking the family there might as well be taking them to Disneyland. Need to sell annual passes for Irvine Lake or something.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast