Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 2015 Home Run Derby

Default 2015 Home Run Derby

Anybody watch?
    Did you like the new format?
    How about that beast Joc Pederson? Blasting 480+ foot home runs.
    Pujols almost beat the kid too. I find that amazing as well.

I like the new format.

If we can only switch the "winner takes all" format of the actual all star game, then I'd be happy.

I love the new format. except for the fact that the winner got to rest for an hour and joc had to go right back up again. didn't make sense or seam fair. very exciting for me though.

I agree 100% on that. The whole "It Matters" BS is ridiculous. Why not best record with a tie breaker thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I agree 100% on that. The whole "It Matters" BS is ridiculous. Why not best record with a tie breaker thrown in.
    Quite simple....

If the 'fans' are to vote (where you can vote 25 times per day per email account), then the game should not mean anything except for a great few days of baseball.

But, if you want the game to mean something, then stop letting moronic fans vote, and put the vote into the hands of players, coaches and media. We don't need the shít that the Kansas City fans pulled this year, which almost got all of their players elected to the ASG, even though their second baseman was barely hitting his weight.

You'd think that stunt would force MLB to make changes, but apparently we're still dealing with the fallout of the 2002 ASG.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Quite simple....

If the 'fans' are to vote (where you can vote 25 times per day per email account), then the game should not mean anything except for a great few days of baseball.

But, if you want the game to mean something, then stop letting moronic fans vote, and put the vote into the hands of players, coaches and media. We don't need the shít that the Kansas City fans pulled this year, which almost got all of their players elected to the ASG, even though their second baseman was barely hitting his weight.

You'd think that stunt would force MLB to make changes, but apparently we're still dealing with the fallout of the 2002 ASG.
    No doubt! The KC thing should open a few eyes. At least the ones that aren't blindfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    No doubt! The KC thing should open a few eyes. At least the ones that aren't blindfolded.
    Seriously, that voting spectacle was such a black eye for the event, that I hope MLB makes changes next year.

I still have no problem with only ballots that people cast at the ball park being worth votes.

Once the online vote started happening, it went downhill in a hurry, and MLB needs to make changes ASAP. But any knee jerk reaction now, means that the decisions made before were ludicrous, and nobody wants to throw their predecessor's 'legacy' under the bus.