Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Bako Boy HALIBUT and YELLOWTAIL K, BOBS,,,SIMPLE!,

Default Bako Boy HALIBUT and YELLOWTAIL K, BOBS,,,SIMPLE!,

Been getting back to my roots a bit lately,,,This was always one of my favorite ways to cook /eat halibut.
    never been a simpler recipe, as you will see in the pic It works just as good with the yellow tail.
    The pic tells the story,,,,,Yellowtail on the left in the foil,,

Halibut on the right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Do NOT let the different fish species mingle together.

1 1/2 lbs halibut

1 1/2 lbs yellowtail

Cut the vegies , whatever kind of vegies you like
    onion/mushrooms/garlic/zukes/bellpepper,,etc, into 1 inch squares

Cut the fish in to 1 1/2 inch squares

Load the k bob sticks, The flat ones work best because it helps to turn them on the grill.
    Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper

Place over a scalding hot bed of coals on the grill , 3 to 3/ 1/2 minutes on each side and that's it.

The last minute of cooking brush the halibut and Y,tail with some garlic butter if desired

Be sure and grill some burgers also so that everybody wont eat all your K,Bobs

Notice the foil pouch on the bed of coals,,,,thats water soaked hickory chips ,,,It adds a fantastic flavor as long as its not overdone.

Obviously this recipe will work with many kinds of fish,,But iv found that it works BEST with halibut by far!
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by trail blazer; 07-10-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Looks outstanding. I don't recall ever seeing any of my kin in Texas do it that way, but they could do a world of hurt on a Crappie or Catfish fry.

ahhhhh The flounder in tx around so,padre island were done in much this same way,,however mostly deep fried..

But Many many halibut from the morro bay and avila area,s were fixed up exactly like this out on the sand dunes of Pismo beach in my 20s.

WAY before the pay booth was ever added to the beach and the whole way, all the way down to the DEVILS SLIDE was open for us fishing and dune buggy country boys!

The beach just isn't the same now!

That looks great,actually have some yellowtail to test the recipe with this weekend, Thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

TB, So Padre and Corpus Christi is the bomb. Did ya fish for sea trout and redfish any?

O,ya aaa. Cut my teeth on,m. And reds.

I'm from Victoria tx,,,just inland a short dx fronm corpus