Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/9 Back in the saddle again

Ha! You should have enough meat on deck by 7:30 or 8. That gives you the rest of the day to do some LMB damage.

That's true. I've done my best LMB damage as of late in the mid-morning and late afternoon bites...

Ok, another episode of strange sightings at Skinner. I found one of the last few frogable mats and was merrily throwing my LunkerHunt. Off to the side I see some motion, and there was a big ol' bullfrog jumping across the area. I thought maybe it was being chased by a bass or something. Nope. It was headed straight for my frog. 3 or 4 long jumps and it was on it! Don't know if it wanted to mate, eat, fight or what, but I got my froggie back. Weird!

Ohhh, almost had yourself some frog legs for diner Pat. You bet that bullfrog was looking for a meal! Heading out tomorrow, any change in conditions? How was the bite?

Water has come up about 2 feet. The fence line at the inlet is underwater again (watch out!). It's still like fishing an aquarium the water is that clear. I'm sure you could school me on what to use for LMB now. I'm stuck in frog mode still.
    BTW Hawgz.... check your PM
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 07-13-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Pat it was a pleasure meeting you today. Enjoyed the mid-lake convo. Dude, was it a grind today or what?

Hahaha, That's Skinner for you. Even the experienced regulars get fed some humble pie out there from time to time. The water is starting to color up a bit here and there. I bet that'll turn things back on.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Hahaha, That's Skinner for you. Even the experienced regulars get fed some humble pie out there from time to time. The water is starting to color up a bit here and there. I bet that'll turn things back on.
    Yup, she bites ya in the arse just like DVL can. But we did finally put it together. the wind came up pretty good and that's when things started popping. Lol, Bill caught this Stripey dink on a freaking Brush Hog of all things.

Then we found some offshore structure and I caught 4 of these guys on the rig I showed you. All of them were the same size of about 3 1/2lbs. Then our troller batteries gave out so we called it a day.

I think you're right, once that water stains up a bit, it'll be on again. But I think you're right about the fact that that lake is super healthy with tons of baitfish. Every time we stopped somewhere we would get literally surrounded by juvenile Bass. and clouds of other fry and baitfish. The Bass I caught all had full plump bellies...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12