Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Hello From Sacramento

Default Hello From Sacramento

For the last 33 years I've been five fishermen and for the first 15 years I fished both fly and conventional gear, the for the past 15 I have exclusively fly fished. Unfortunately, except for the past two years. Two years ago I developed a repetitive work injury to my right hand and arm and even after surgery I can no longer cast a fly rod, but I can do okay with conventional gear by two hand casting and holding the rod in my left hand and reeling with the right.

I have decided that I would like to take up light tackle surf and pier fishing, I'm also considering purchasing a Nucanoe Frontier for saltwater fishing on calm days. I'm considering the Nucanoe, because it can take a 2.5 outboard and I happen to have a Honda four stroke in that size.

What brought me here is searching the web for Northern California related fishing forums for information on new gear and I tackle surf fishing and bottom fishing information.

~Tom
    Last edited by FishNBum1; 07-09-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Tom
    sorry to hear about the hand. i used to live in Grass Valley and the fly fishing in that area to say the least is
    OUTSTANDING! good luck on the surf fishing there, there is so much structure from shore you really can't have
    a bad day except you'll invest in a lot of lead...
    Jim

Smile

Bummer about the hand & arm Tom, but I see you are determined not to let it interfere with your passion of fishing.
    Welcome to FNN.