Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Catalina 7/5/15

Default Catalina 7/5/15

Haven't posted in a while busy with work and kids!
    Took a quik trip to catalina Sunday July 5! Launched at 0430 easily from Davies! Stop by Nachos for some bait and off we went in the dark.

About a 2 miles from the island i spot some Dolphins in front of us and as we get closer its not dolphins it tuna! throw out the trollers for nothing!!!
    Stopped on a couple small patties for nothing also.

Got to Silver Canyon and anchored up. Over the next hour caught some bonita, calicos but no yellows! Decided to troll back to towards Church Rock and half way down i get a huge drag burning knock down on the magnum rapala! 20 minutes later this monster hits the deck!

personal best catalina yellowtail! 39.12 lbs on the scale.

Trolled for a few more hours for a few 3-5lbs yellow that we release to get bigger!

Awesome fish. Congrats

WOW,,,mOnSt Er!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTG

T/B

Nice fish!

Awesome catch! Thanks for sharing.

Sweet hog! Thanks for posting.
    How big is your outboard? Can't tell from the pic if its 115 or 175hp. How was the ride out there, how long does it take you?

That's a big girl there MOFO!
    Congrats on the PB....Good to see that you are still alive and kicking. Damn...It's been a while. I haven't seen you since the old school days of fishing with Peestick and Fat Albert.
    Gawd I feel OLD....LOL

Keep up the good work buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Sweet hog! Thanks for posting.
    How big is your outboard? Can't tell from the pic if its 115 or 175hp. How was the ride out there, how long does it take you?
    115 HP , 19' Trophy 35mph average on the way and 20 mph coming back cause of wind waves.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    That's a big girl there MOFO!
    Congrats on the PB....Good to see that you are still alive and kicking. Damn...It's been a while. I haven't seen you since the old school days of fishing with Peestick and Fat Albert.
    Gawd I feel OLD....LOL

Keep up the good work buddy!
    Back in the day when i was single and fishing every other day and able to post reports! Now that i have a 5 year old and 6 month old boys its hard to get out but manage few times a month! By boat is same condition when i bought it 10 years ago today! only have 600 hrs on her ! i put 450 hours the first 2 years!

that is a fat yellow congrats on the PB!