Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Upper Kern 7/6

Default Upper Kern 7/6

ever since they stopped stocking piru with trout, I've pretty much spent my time tubing castaic lagoon but I missed the trout fishing so I went to the upper kern today, haven't fished there in many years. It was extremely hot and I didn't see anyone else fishing all day, I ended up with 2 rainbows 10-12' and an unlimited supply of squaw fish. I'll def. go up real soon, I'm not familiar with the river locations but I think I spend most of my time around salmon creek falls.

On a side note, does anyone have any info on the lower kern? Every time I drive by it, I can't help but be curious as to how the fishing is, I know people tube and pull out lots of bass but how is the trout? I'd love to do some trout and bass fishing on the lower kern but I have no idea where to go, any tips and feel free to PM if you'd like. Thx.

Use to fish the lower right under the damn just pasted that brigde there. I pulled some big bows out. But the water has been super low so haved had luck down there. But when the water is up that is some good fishing. But that lower part you can fish part that never been fished before cuz of how low the water is.