Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BAKO BOYS AND DOUBLEOCEAN..... 5 personal bests... Heck of a Summer

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Grilled the halibut and seared the yellowtail for just about 30 seconds on each side (Sliced 3/8 of an inch thick) in olive oil.

Both fish seasoned only with salt and pepper
    YES!!!! Appreciate the freshness of the fish. Don't need to put a bunch of garbage on it!

Mr Stripey will miss the bako boys lol. Now i should be able to catch some. I'm getting my second boat ready for the salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikesOcean View Post
    Mike, excellent report!

I couldn't imagine fishing this boat ever again with 4 guys. Only this group can make it happen, and make it happen great!

Everything Mike said was spot on! Great laughs and great memories.

I was floored by the generosity these guys had. I felt like it was my birthday. They all were so thoughtful and generous bringing me gifts for the boat.

They didn't let me do a dam thing. I felt like I was at the Ritz Carlton with the service they provided. From dropping anchor to pulling anchor, dock ties, removing them and you name it. Crap... They didn't even want me to reel in my own fish. But they agreed to let me this time. Haha.

CB & AA bought scrub brushes, towels, a horn. They were also fighting with me to pay pay for everything. . Dayaam, Mike even brought me coffee in the morning. Why would I want to invite anyone else? lol.

AND SCOTT? Talking about over doing it?
    The guy goes out and buys me some VERY NICE BINOS and NOT THE CHEAP ones to have on the boat. And gives me his handheld GPS and his ship to shore radio to have on the boat as back up in case something fails. How's that for a friend?

As far as the fish report, Mike said it all. To me it didn't matter if we caught fish or not. Catching was just a bonus. Just hanging out with these guys and laughing the whole time is worth a zillion to me.

I will never forget the excitement in CB's voice when he landed that monster rat. He insisted for me to stick it so it was on the boat. I told him to bounce it. He wasn't haven't any of that. So I stuck it. LOL.

And AA, when he hooked up, that gleam in his eyes staring at the reel before he swung the lips off that tail. Priceless.

I know these guys want to kill me because now they have been ordering all kinds of salt set ups and I'm costing them all kinds of money. I LOVE IT! THERE HOOKED!

I can't wait to go out with these guys again.

Man... I wish we all lived close to each other. Funnest fishing friends BAR NONE!

The maiden voyage with the 4 stooges was priceless.
    What a great day on the water with 3 great fisherman...
    But, more importantly, 3 great hombres.
    Like always, had a blast!

CB making a mess in his shorts while landing his toad rat.
    TB providing the laughs of the day, checking for 'butt cavities.
    MO being a great capt, & just being gracious & generous ole MO.

Counting the days till we can do it again!!!
    Next time maybe we can clean up the language, so we can actually post the vid's.

MO... No more rocket launchers!!!
    I'm gonna have to take out a 2nd to afford all of this damn salt gear.

BBQd the BUTT over a scalding bed of coals for 3 1/2 minutes on each side salt and pepper ok couldn't help it also brushed with some butter at the finish,,,DE LISHHHHHHH!

ALSO,,

quick SEARD some of the y/t same as cutbait,,GreAAAA TTTTTTTTT!.

BGC,,,The striper are just getting a bit of a break there going DOWNNNNNNN

T/B

Man you had me rolling with that halibut munching story,I've been bit by one also,only on one finger though,had actually saw pics of that boat earlier,it's awesome,congrats Mike,you guys are breaking it in very nicely,WTG!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Man you had me rolling with that halibut munching story,I've been bit by one also,only on one finger though,had actually saw pics of that boat earlier,it's awesome,congrats Mike,you guys are breaking it in very nicely,WTG!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Thank You Vic!!!

YA it's too bad we don't have a video of TB screaming!
    I can't get his voice out of my head since then and I keep chuckling to myself.

Me & AA were at the stern and all we kept hearing was "get him off of me, get him off of me" We thought he was referring
    To Cb doing something funky with him? You know...with the bako boys you never know WTH floats there boat. Haha

I think I still have Scott's blood stains still on the boat. Priceless moments!

Any other person I know would still be squeeling like a B.tch!haha

OK The story,,

That sucker bit me good,,,,all the teeth went all the way into my fingers,,,one went clean through to the back side of the nail and that blood was streaming out from under the nail and the tooth went in the other side LOL,,,,

I was trying to pull his mouth open when he really put it on me and grabed a couple of those fingers also,,,

NOW

Im bent over in the boat with BOTH hands in a freeking needle studded vise and could have used a little help,,BUT lol

Well the more I write the more it even sounds stupid to me,,,o well lol
    no body is perfect,,

Id do it again in a heartbeat to spend quality time like with my buds on the water..

Il never forget this trip,,Great memories to say the least

TRAIL BLAZER

WOW! Congrats on the new boat. Nice fish, too. Even scored a pop tart. But the fingers tell the real tale...

Thumbs up

Nice boat Mike, congrats!
    You guys did awesome out there. I especially like the Halibut.
    Scott, I had a Halibut shredded my fingers before, but you got it much worse. Take care that it doesn't get infected, those teeth carry nasty bacteria.
    Well done guys and keep up the great job in the fresh and salt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123