Went over to Jeff's house on Wednesday afternoon to get my prop fixed on my motor for my boat, while I was there Jeff asked me if I wanted to go out Friday and try for some yellowfin. The plan was to meet up at Jeff's on Friday at 2am and head out to San Diego. Meet up at Jeff's house at 2am on Friday with Gary, Jaime and Jeff loaded the boat up and we were off to SD. Lauched the boat around 4am and got a nice scoop of dines and headed out. Set the trollers out and began trolling around 9am we finally spot some boiling tuna and we troll by them and box the area finally one of the troll rods goes off and luckily I was the closes so I grab it and landed the first tuna of the year for the Kolo, my buddy Gary did a great job sinking the gaff into the yellowfin and it hit the deck, by the time we landed the fish there was a handful of boats in the area next to us so we continued on looking for another school of tuna, we found a couple more boils and breaking tuna but they wanted nothing to do with us. We spent lots of time looking for kelp and only found one towards the end of the day, as soon as we pulled up the kelp had boils on it and I thought it was going to be game on but unfortunaly the yellows had lockjaw and would not bite I'm guessing someone had already fished the kelp earlier and they were scared. Im happy I got to put the first tuna of the year onboard the Kolo, thanks Jeff!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Have a good one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	46526

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	46525