Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/3/15 first tuna of the year for the Kolo

Default 7/3/15 first tuna of the year for the Kolo

Went over to Jeff's house on Wednesday afternoon to get my prop fixed on my motor for my boat, while I was there Jeff asked me if I wanted to go out Friday and try for some yellowfin. The plan was to meet up at Jeff's on Friday at 2am and head out to San Diego. Meet up at Jeff's house at 2am on Friday with Gary, Jaime and Jeff loaded the boat up and we were off to SD. Lauched the boat around 4am and got a nice scoop of dines and headed out. Set the trollers out and began trolling around 9am we finally spot some boiling tuna and we troll by them and box the area finally one of the troll rods goes off and luckily I was the closes so I grab it and landed the first tuna of the year for the Kolo, my buddy Gary did a great job sinking the gaff into the yellowfin and it hit the deck, by the time we landed the fish there was a handful of boats in the area next to us so we continued on looking for another school of tuna, we found a couple more boils and breaking tuna but they wanted nothing to do with us. We spent lots of time looking for kelp and only found one towards the end of the day, as soon as we pulled up the kelp had boils on it and I thought it was going to be game on but unfortunaly the yellows had lockjaw and would not bite I'm guessing someone had already fished the kelp earlier and they were scared. Im happy I got to put the first tuna of the year onboard the Kolo, thanks Jeff!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Have a good one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	46526

Views:	232 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	46525

Views:	194 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	46524

awesome job out there frankie

The ice is broken,I'm sure there's will be many more for that boat this season for sure!

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice job not getting the skunk.
    I had communicated with Jeff, earlier in the week, to see if he would get out for some YT and he said he was going out on Friday.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><

Nicely done boys

VERRY NICE,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Bako Boys have added BFT to the to do list for the near future,,,glad to see FNNers getting on,m

Congrats to the KOLO and crew for getting r done

TRAIL BLAZER

Nice tuna and great job getting on the fish. Our 18.5 ft 1984 Cobalt DV18 is a bit small to chase those tuna unless they're real close to shore and the water conditions are right, like they were in 1998 when we caught a 25 lb yellowfin 5 miles off Dana Point. Could happen again this season.
    We did manage some calicos last night while watching 4th of July fireworks off Dana Point.

Name:	20150704_211423.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	46528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150705_013911.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	46529

XLNT on the YFT !!!

Congrats To the Kolo, Jeff, and crew on the first YFT of the year.

I'm sure you will be killing plenty to go around this year!

very nice! 1st tuna checked off... looks like it's going to go wide open soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast