Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Confederate Flag

Both!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Raciest? I'm not sure if that was a compliment or a put down?

I see Tweedleumb joined in.

A fan of reconciliation, Hawgz?

Or are you completely oblivious to how ironic it is to be waving the Confederate flag next to the US flag?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I see Tweedleumb joined in.

A fan of reconciliation, Hawgz?

Or are you completely oblivious to how ironic it is to be waving the Confederate flag next to the US flag?
    Don't expect logic from Hawggy. He's just getting in touch with his Thurmond Republican roots.

And Dev's history lesson on the "true" motivations behind the War of Northern Aggression....er, the War for Southern Independence....er, the Civil War? It was cute, but it doesn't address the resurgence of the use of the Stars and Bars as a symbol of white-supremacist, segregationist South, particularly during the Civil Rights era.

That it's now been turned into a symbol protesting "overreaching government" shows you just the kind of ulterior scumbaggery closets racists will resort to try and reinject their symbol into national politics.

In FREE AMERICA a merchant would not have this happen by a bank because his merchandise all of a sudden isn't PC.

http://www.proudrebel.com/merchantstop.htm

Nor would a baker expressing their religious objection have this happen.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/07/02/st...Ma1ozrgOWxU%3D

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    In FREE AMERICA a merchant would not have this happen by a bank because his merchandise all of a sudden isn't PC.

http://www.proudrebel.com/merchantstop.htm

Nor would a baker expressing their religious objection have this happen.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/07/02/st...Ma1ozrgOWxU%3D
    Leaders Merchant Services didn't violate any anti-discriminatory laws when it discontinued its partnership with Proud Rebel. Sweet Cakes by Melissa did when they refused service to Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer.

And once again: Dev's "FREE AMERICA" bitching demonstrates how the confederate flag has been turned into a symbol protesting "overreaching government", and shows you just the kind of ulterior scumbaggery closet racists will resort to try and reinject their symbol into national politics, thereby masking the still-existent undercurrent of bigotry which drove it's resurgence in the first place.

I say take off those Rebel Flag Bikini's ! How Offensive !

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So, it seems people have doubled down after the last events that have occurred.

What are your thoughts on people rocking the Confederate flag, much like a member here who has embraced it (the only member, I will say)

the saddest part about this lunacy is that's not even the confederate flag. that's the southern cross, the flag of the tennessee army.

The true confederate flag resembles the flag pictured on the right, but with a circle of stars. people are stupid and simply hop on the bandwagon. these same exact people would join in on boycotts against an orange sky simply because the media said so. As a result historical landmarks are being butchered. Like it or not, that flag is still a part of our history, and a very important one at that.

The irony is the nazi swastika is still on everything related to nazis in the media. Very strange.

Bars and Stars ! Keep Flying !

Iv gotta put my 2cents in cant help it.

As far as the cross flag,,That flag was taken down by a more American flag of equality, The stars and stripes,,,,,,,,it should have never flown again imop,,

Only 3 flags should fly on any Fed or state bldg.,,,,The Stars and stripes,,,AND< the only flag aloud to fly at the same height>yes there is one<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,,and the state flag,,,But not the southern cross

Somehow in my mind it<The S,Cross still represents race descrimination to me,and always has,,And that's coming from a south tx man.

TRAIL BLAZER

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    My avatar is NO LESS and NO MORE than my visual protest of the overly PC direction our country is going. History is history and should never be rewritten or forgotten so we do not make the same mistakes again. It’s not stopping with a flag, Civil War monuments and statues are being asked to be removed, schools, buildings, bridges and streets renamed. Where does it end and what will be banned next. Never letting a crisis go to waste to push anyone’s agenda is just wrong. That’s why I changed my avatar and it will remain until sanity returns if ever.
    My original post was NOT about and is NOT about any agreement about slavery or those who practiced it. It was about anything including the Confederate flag not being PC being banned or condemned.
    I too have many relatives from or presently living in Texas. I unfortunately will be missing our annual reunion in Texas next weekend due to medical issues my wife has. My oldest son lives in Mount Pleasant, I have cousins that live in Houston, San Antonio, Van, Silverton and Amarillo Texas. I am going to miss the BBQ brisket, fried chicken livers, fried okra and homemade peach ice cream among the other goodies that family brings.
    I know of no relative that owns or flies the Confederate flag, nor do I. I do however have relatives that fly one or the other of these two flags. It is a flag that they have out of remembrance and not hate. Being from Texas I am sure you recognize the history and symbolism of these flags. But I am sure haters are gonna hate it's what they do. We should never erase events or symbols of our history so that it does not happen again.

Only in Texas does the state flag fly at the same height as Old Glory. It's Texas way of saying they are subservient to no one but God.

Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 07-05-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast