Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When everyone takes their ball and goes home....

Default When everyone takes their ball and goes home....

Looks like... since the ball was taken away from you bozos, the only thing you can swing your bats at are each other. Pretty boring here, LOL (The list of contributors to this Discussion Section? It consists of about 4 or 5 clowns blowing balloon animals).

You've killed this area, but keep bringing up old posts... it's sooo interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by commiechew View Post
    Looks like... since the ball was taken away from you bozos, the only thing you can swing your bats at are each other. Pretty boring here, LOL (The list of contributors to this Discussion Section? It consists of about 4 or 5 clowns blowing balloon animals).

You've killed this area, but keep bringing up old posts... it's sooo interesting!
    You forgot to mention the 3 people (your included in that count) trying to pop the balloon animals, that the other 5 members keep blowing up!!!

The person who killed this area was Donald Trump!! Had he not won the Presidency, this area would have been ripe for Hillary Hater's!! It's a lot more fun for Conservatives to attack and hate then to try to defend their boy!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-06-2018 at 10:02 AM.

I think you're using the term, "takes their ball and goes home" incorrectly, which can be expected.

The term you are seeking for is, "The heat got too hot in the kitchen."

I mean, look at DevoreFlyer.

He logs in every day to check on the board, but never posts.

He should really log out before he checks FNN out, because now he is an official lurker, as his login times get posted.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/member.php?41805-DEVOREFLYER

Last Activity: Today 12:59 PM

What's up Devore?!

LOL. Holla at ya boy. Don't be a stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I think you're using the term, "takes their ball and goes home" incorrectly, which can be expected.

He should really log out before he checks FNN out, because now he is an official lurker, as his login times get posted.

What's up Devore?!

Hey Dev

Still rockin the Confederate flag?

Obama's still coming to get your guns and thousands of Muslims are dancing in the streets in celebration. LOL

And they are going to throw all the "good Americans" in FEMA concentration camps.

What's up Devore?!

You are insinuating fear, I highly doubt Devore is in anyway fearful of you or the Quagga queen. I think in general conservatives get tired of this crap but the more liberal side enjoy the hell out of a good debate. I enjoy discussion but this section has none of that only a couple participants seem to have that capability without demeaning, believe it or not I'd say Etucker and even lefty who has a way of annoying the crap out of me even more than Etucker but at least it's done from a genleman's perspective which I appreciate.

Also biggest reason for lack of participation is guys that want to get their debate on have way more interesting forums to get their rocks off.

I've been of the opinion for some time that this section should be eliminated, it has been a cancer for years, at least that's what my opinion had been but being the flexible type I have changed and think it should stay because nobody really cares anymore, you guys can continue your circle j unmolested by Devore and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    You are insinuating fear, I highly doubt Devore is in anyway fearful of you or the Quagga queen.
    Now seal, you know better than that. DarkShadow wasn't suggesting or implying fear. Anyone who's read DEV's political posts knows that, for all his shortcomings, an expression of fear wasn't one of them.

That doesn't change the fact that DEV's been lurking. Whether it's because he maintains private contact with other members, is hoping for news that DS or I get hit by a bus, or simply likes to check in and didn't think to turn on invisible mode (right, seal? ), we can only speculate.

I think in general conservatives get tired of this crap but the more liberal side enjoy the hell out of a good debate.
    Seal, don't be disingenuous. You know damn well that our right-leaning members have initiated their fair share of political arguments. This was particularly true during the Obama administration. And they certainly had the courage of their convictions, if not intelligence.

The mistake they made was thinking that this was some sort of political mutual-admiration group, and that their posts would go unanswered by opposing opinion.

I enjoy discussion but this section has none of that only a couple participants seem to have that capability without demeaning, believe it or not I'd say Etucker and even lefty who has a way of annoying the crap out of me even more than Etucker but at least it's done from a genleman's perspective which I appreciate.
    Since 2006, I doubt I could come up with five or ten political threads on FNN that didn't devolve into some sort of flame war. And seal, if you've paid any attention, you know that DEV was responsible for starting some of those "ungentlemanly" exchanges.

Natural Lefty and I do not see eye-to-eye on certain issues, but I do appreciate his candor and civility, and respond to him in kind. But respect where respect is due. If you're going to engage others without a shred of wit or intelligence, expect those you provoke to be merciless in their response.

Also biggest reason for lack of participation is guys that want to get their debate on have way more interesting forums to get their rocks off.
    And I am sure the DEV, Hawgz, & Co. found another SoCal-based fishing forum that permits this level of political discussion and offers no opposition to their right-leaning opinions. Riiiiiiiight.

I've been of the opinion for some time that this section should be eliminated, it has been a cancer for years, at least that's what my opinion had been but being the flexible type I have changed and think it should stay because nobody really cares anymore, you guys can continue your circle j unmolested by Devore and the rest.
    Nobody cares? Clearly you've not been paying attention to the metrics of this forum.

But tell you what seal - why don't you put it to a vote? You can provide the following options:

• Ban all political discussion not directly related to fish & game issues.
    • Create a separate section devoted to Politics, leaving General Discussion for unrelated topics.
    • Leave everything as it is.

What's up Devore?!

Looks like Robert E. Lee took a cue and found the logout button! Congrats!

Me thinks that this time stamp will remain the same for a while now, and of course, it would be purely coincidental,
    much like the mass exodus from the right on this board:

Last Activity: 03-06-2018 04:24 PM

Looks like Robert E. Lee took a cue and found the logout button! Congrats!

Me thinks that this time stamp will remain the same for a while now, and of course, it would be purely coincidental,
    much like the mass exodus from the right on this board:

Last Activity: 03-06-2018 04:24 PM

Current Activity Viewing Thread When everyone takes their ball and goes home....
    Last Activity Today 01:39 AM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast