Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: The Confederate Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    DS, you'll have to forgive Hawggy for not responding to you right away. Word has it he got delayed in Columbia, S.C. - something about a rally he was in last Saturday or something....
    Hey, when you realize the same BS you spew here, is the same BS that the neo-Nazis are spewing in SC, perhaps a vacation from this thread is in order.

I just hope the two *** clowns keep portraying the flag in their avatar like they promised. I'm sure certain citizens tried to do the same thing circa 1946, and tried to justify it as "German Heritage."

And so it goes. - LQ

By DAVID MORGAN CBS NEWS October 12, 2015, 12:14 PM
    ​Ga. Confederate flag supporters face terrorism charges

Last Updated Oct 12, 2015 2:22 PM EDT

Fifteen individuals associated with a group of Confederate flag supporters in Douglas County, Ga., have been indicted on terrorism charges, it was announced on Monday.

The charges are related to a July 25 incident in which members of a group called Respect the Flag drove a convoy of vehicles displaying Confederate flags through a neighborhood in Douglasville, when they were involved in an altercation with residents outside a home where a children's birthday party was taking place.

According to a July 27 Atlanta Journal-Constitution report, those engaged in the confrontation offered conflicting accounts of what happened.

Residents said the demonstrators entered their neighborhood and started shouting racial slurs.

"One had a gun, saying he was gonna kill the n******," Melissa Alford, who was holding the birthday party, told the paper. "Then one of them said, 'Gimme the gun, I'll shoot them n******."

Levi Bush, one of the drivers, told the paper the convoy had been attacked by residents throwing rocks, and after he got a flat tire the residents swarmed his truck and threatened him.

Video of the altercation, during which police are seen separating the demonstrators from residents, was later posted online:

[omitted]

On Monday the Douglas County District Attorney's Office released a letter stating that following an investigation by local police and the D.A., a grand jury handed down indictments charging individuals from Respect the Flag with violations of the state's Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act and making terroristic threats.

Two members of the group were also indicted on battery charges in a separate incident that took place that same day.

© 2015 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-...orism-charges/

"One had a gun, saying he was gonna kill the n******," Melissa Alford, who was holding the birthday party, told the paper. "Then one of them said, 'Gimme the gun, I'll shoot them n******."
    Everyone knows this was just those historical reenactments of The South, circa 1910 that they do on the weekends for the tourists. These people are not terrorists. These are just passionate Southerners who enjoy participating in historical reenactments in their spare time and are all for rebellion against tyranny by an ever growing centralized federal government hell bent on consolidating power over the states and the individual, all in the name of social justice.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Everyone knows this was just those historical reenactments of The South, circa 1910 that they do on the weekends for the tourists. These people are not terrorists. These are just passionate Southerners who enjoy participating in historical reenactments in their spare time and are all for rebellion against tyranny by an ever growing centralized federal government hell bent on consolidating power over the states and the individual, all in the name of social justice.

Aaaahhhhhhhh! I missed you guys.
    been stupid busy working and NOT fishing and just popped in to say hello.
    Good to see the "Grand Ole Flag" is still being carried along.

Georgia couple gets prison for racist threats at child's birthday party
    By Mayra Cuevas and Ralph Ellis

(CNN) - A Georgia couple who rode with a Confederate flag-waving group that made armed threats against African-Americans at a child's birthday party were sentenced to prison Monday.

Jose "Joe" Torres, was sentenced to 20 years, with 13 years in prison, after a jury convicted him on three counts of aggravated assault, one count of making terroristic threats and one count of violating of Georgia's Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act.

Kayla Norton was sentenced to 15 years, with six years in prison. She was convicted on one count of making terroristic threats and one count of violation of the Street Gang Act.

"Many people tried to make the case about simply flying the Confederate Battle Flag," Douglas County District Attorney Brian Fortner said in a statement. "This case was about a group of people riding around our community, drinking alcohol, harassing and intimidating our citizens because of the color of their skin."

On July 25, 2015, Torres and Norton, joined about a dozen other people in a convoy of pickup trucks waving large Confederate flags as they drove around Douglas County, a suburban Atlanta community. Most of them belonged to a group called "Respect the Flag."

"The convoy of trucks passed by the victim's residence where the victims were grilling hot dogs and hamburgers while hosting a child's birthday party featuring a bouncy castle, snow-cone machines, and a DJ," the district attorney's office posted on its official Facebook page.

The party-goers said the people in the trucks yelled racial slurs as they passed, the statement said.

The drivers parked the trucks near the house, prosecutors said. Torres was part of a smaller group that "threatened to kill the party goers while repeatedly using derogatory racial slurs against them," said the statement.

"Torres, who had retrieved a shotgun from his vehicle, pointed his shotgun at the group of African American party-goers and stated he was going to kill them while his co-defendants stated that 'the little ones can get one too,' referring to the young children at the party," the statement said.

Norton was accused of making similar threats. The victims said some member of Torres' group was armed with a knife and a tire tool.

According to the district attorney's statement, Torres testified he carried the shotgun because he feared for his friends' safety. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported members of "Respect the Flag" said people at the party had thrown objects at them.

CNN has tried to reach the two defendants' lawyers for comment.

After the arrests, investigators looked through the defendants' Facebook accounts, the statement said.

"Law enforcement was able to locate numerous posts and messages indicating that members of the group were white supremacists who discussed attending KKK rallies, joining Skinheads Nation, and making numerous derogatory remarks about African Americans as a whole," the DA's statement said.

Video of Monday's sentencing shot by WSB-TV, a CNN affiliate, showed both Torres and Norton breaking down in court as Judge William McClain handed down the sentence.

Norton apologized for her role in the incident saying, "I want you all to know that is not me. That is not me, that is not him. I would never walk up to you and say those words to you. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I am so sorry."

Hyesha Bryant, one of the people at the party, testified at the hearing and told Norton, "What you said affected my life. It affected my children's lives."

But Bryant ended up telling Norton that "I forgive you, I forgive all of you."

A jury convicted Torres and Norton on February 6. They are both banished from Douglas County when they're released from prison.

Fifteen members of the Respect the Flag group were originally indicted. The disposition of all their cases is unknown, but the district attorney said some of them pleaded guilty to similar charges and received shorter sentences.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/us/geo...ats/index.html

"Prosecutors have said that the cases against Torres, Norton and other defendants are not based on their right to fly a Confederate flag, but on threats against the victims."

(D umb s, you can goog L that whole phrase, for ref... the ny time or post, me thinks]

This fake news agency;

(http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/us/geo...ats/index.html)

should have left their reference to that flag out of it's reported story.

But alas, they just had to keep repeating it over and over and over.

Mr. Torres and the Ms. [And compadres, I mean accomplices ] COULD have been waving some chitty as's net... they woulda got the same prison sentence...

(Or... omg! Maybe not? But...)

I believe they would and should have... what say you o dbaters of fish and other blown-up-outta-proportion crappie topic trollmeisters?

Could that reporter from cnn have left that multi-flag reference out? Would they have brought it up so much if they all had horribly made wooden nets? Wavin' dat sheet as they rode by yelling their racial slurs and attacking the birthday party attendees?

Hey d umb s, did you know this Torres guy?

I jus know the beisbol one... you prolly know more dan me.

What with your extensive knowledge of flags and meth and treble hooks and basketball rebound materials and stock pricing [but only the cheap as's $18 dollar ones) and nets and how to value them and warranties and spacing and how to Google hookdfisherman phrases and, and, and....

Lol, there's so many... I'd have to look up all the rest... do you think I should?

Haheha

hahahaha!

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 02-28-2017 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Whada happen if their banner said: "Respect the Net" instead?

Georgia couple gets prison for racist threats at child's birthday party
    By Mayra Cuevas and Ralph Ellis

(CNN) - A Georgia couple who rode with a Confederate flag-waving group that made armed threats against African-Americans at a child's birthday party were sentenced to prison Monday.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/us/geo...ats/index.html
    BREAKING NEWS

Hawgz and Devore have started a commissary fund via GoFundMe for both these individuals.

PM them for more information.

Make America Great Again!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    BREAKING NEWS

Hawgz and Devore have started a commissary fund via GoFundMe for both these individuals.

PM them for more information.

Make America Great Again!
    I'm a little surprised those 2 haven't even once come out and try to defend their political beliefs. Hell I had an easier time smoking out an 8 foot Black Bear out of a cave once in Redding Ca. Then to get either one of them to respond to all the Chaos their political party caused once they came to power!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Why bother? To liberals, ignorance and apathy is bliss. With that being said this is your thread and Dev responded factually yet you deflect from rebutting his post avoiding having to counter his thoughts and facts. Then you dangle a carrot in order to bring me onto your thread. Troll much DS? This is my one and only post on this troll thread so cherish it Homey.

Both under attack by the left;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	racist assholes 2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	49643
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	racist assholes 3.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	49644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Racists assholes.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	49645
    Just shut the hell up and go back under your racist rock already

Tennessee school removes Confederate flag, lynching murals
    By Amy La Porte, CNN
    Updated 3:07 PM ET, Mon March 5, 2018

(CNN) - A painting of a Confederate flag and a mural depicting a lynching have been removed from the walls of a Tennessee school gymnasium.

The mural showed a white man, dressed in blue, hanging from a rope tied to a tree branch. Another person was standing nearby, in a red jersey, and holding a Confederate flag.

The painting was intended to depict an athletic team rivalry.

It's unclear how long the paintings have been inside the South Cumberland Elementary School, located 100 miles east of Nashville, but a complaint was first made in December by a concerned janitor of a nearby elementary school.

On Friday, after months of calls and emails to the superintendent and the school board, David Clark, took his concerns public.

"Germany does not display Nazi symbols. This is not heritage, it is racism," he wrote on a Facebook post.

"No action has been planned or taken as of today so I am asking people to call and let them know in a respectful manner, how you feel about these racist symbols being on full public display where children can see them."

Less than 24 hours later, the post had at least 500 comments and more than 200 shares. Later that same day, the Confederate flag was gone and the mural was repainted to scrap the lynching.

"Concerns regarding graphics in our gymnasium have been dealt with by removing the rebel flags painted on the wall, and by modifying the mural on the wall as well," school principal Darrell Threet said in a statement to CNN.

"I guarantee you the black children noticed it, and the white children don't need to see this either," Clark told CNN.

"Removing it didn't seem like a priority... but white supremacy in this country is becoming too organized and too emboldened to ignore something like this in our schools," he said. "I am glad they got to painting, but I am not sure why they ever wanted lynching a part of their school spirit."

But by Saturday the comments below Clark's post had turned vitriolic, and were overwhelmingly in favor of the mural in its original form.

Some Facebook users mocked the proponents of the removal as "unpatriotic" and disrespectful of Southern heritage.

One Crossville resident told CNN affiliate WZTV she had no problem with the mural.

"It's part of our heritage and how they were brought up so I just don't have a problem with flying the rebel flag," Wendy Reed said. "Kid hanging that would bother me, but sometimes I think we just make it bigger than it needs to be."

Confederate symbols have been hotly debated since deadly protests by white supremacists and neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, Virginia, last year.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/us/ha...ral/index.html

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast