Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Confederate Flag

Default The Confederate Flag

So, it seems people have doubled down after the last events that have occurred.

What are your thoughts on people rocking the Confederate flag, much like a member here who has embraced it (the only member, I will say)

Last edited by DarkShadow; 07-02-2015 at 02:42 PM.

I think that most of us So Cal boys have no idea the reasons why southerners love the flag and what the the flag stands for to them. Some that have never lived or even visited the area seem certain that all those hillbilly's and ignorant southerners must all be racists and bigots and it is our duty to tell them not to fly the flag.

What's more important to me though is that damn Washington football team's name! To someone with a little native blood surging thru his veins I am outraged and we must get them to change that name!

Honestly I could give a damn about either subject, Cali has enough of it's own issues.

My avatar is NO LESS and NO MORE than my visual protest of the overly PC direction our country is going. History is history and should never be rewritten or forgotten so we do not make the same mistakes again. It’s not stopping with a flag, Civil War monuments and statues are being asked to be removed, schools, buildings, bridges and streets renamed. Where does it end and what will be banned next. Never letting a crisis go to waste to push anyone’s agenda is just wrong. That’s why I changed my avatar and it will remain until sanity returns if ever.

Most do not realize that Saturday July the 4th holiday was the day that the Colonies declared via the Declaration of Independence the Colonies SECESSION from England.

The Confederate States of America was established in the exact same manner as The United States of America using the exact same process as the 13 colonies used in 1776 to secede from England. Many have missed that there was a secession convention held in 1814 in Stanford CT by the New England States, at which they voted to NOT secede. Responding to Andrew Jackson’s unconstitutional taxation/tariff laws, the South started a secession convention, to which the Democrat controlled congress sent former president, then Senator John Q. Adams, to negotiate a peaceful solution. In 1854 then Representative A. Lincoln said on the floor of the house, that secession was legal. The War of 1861 was a war of oppression. The government using force against those whom disagreed with it is a fact.

There were TWO secessions at the time. The seven Deep South States seceded. When A. Lincoln announced that he was going to, unconstitutionally as congress was not sitting and according to Article I of the U.S. Constitution ONLY congress could raise an army, raise an army and invade the Deep South, Virginia and the other border states announced that no federal army would be permitted to invade their sovereign States. Lincoln ignored the constitution, raised an army, and unconstitutionally invaded the Sovereign Commonwealth of Virginia.

After Antietam/ Sharpsburg, both Britain and France, appalled at the number of casualties, had decided to recognize the independence of The Confederate States of America, thereby ending the war. Lincoln unconstitutionally delivered his Emancipation Proclamation (an executive order) thus changing the basis of his illegal acts from secession to slavery, thereby forestalling Britain and France. The notes of his Cabinet Meeting where he discussed this stratagem clearly show that his cabinet thought it unconstitutional. His Emancipation Proclamation was unconstitutional as his premise for the war in the first place was that secession was illegal, and thus he was still president of the states having seceded. This legal farce prevented the Emancipation Proclamation from being legal because it violated both The 4th Amendment, and the SCOTUS decision in Scott v Davis.

Keep in mind that what is now happening in Ukraine, is very similar to that of 1860. What happened with the old Soviet Union, was that those held in thrall seceded!!! As Thomas Paine wrote in Common Sense and The Rights of Man, and Thomas Jefferson and Franklin’s Corresponding Committee declared in The Declaration of Independence, free people have the right of self-government.

The War of 1861 was about self-government, not slavery.
    Oh and about the recent Supreme Court decisions. This is not the first time that the Supreme Court has issued an immoral or unjust ruling. In 1857, the Court ruled in the infamous Dred Scott v Sandford case that African Americans could not become citizens of the United States and determined that the government was powerless to reject slavery. In 1927 the Court effectively endorsed eugenics by ruling that people with mental illness and other “defectives” could be sterilized against their will, saying “three generations of imbeciles are enough.”

We live in a far from perfect world and chasing Rainbows and Unicorns aren’t the solution to correcting our problems.

Personally, I think embracing Dixiecrat culture is faaaaaaabulous!

In lieu of copy and pasting someone else's reply, I leave you with this.

Thank you Devore for that epic explanation on why you are rocking the Confederate flag in your avatar. The history lesson was quite impressive.

No caption needed

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGillChaser View Post
    No caption needed
    You werent swayed with Devore's history lesson?!

No worries, Hawgz will explain.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Why bother? To liberals, ignorance and apathy is bliss. With that being said this is your thread and Dev responded factually yet you deflect from rebutting his post avoiding having to counter his thoughts and facts. Then you dangle a carrot in order to bring me onto your thread. Troll much DS? This is my one and only post on this troll thread so cherish it Homey.

Both under attack by the left;
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 07-03-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Clarification

There both raciest lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGillChaser View Post
    There both raciest lol
    Raciest? I'm not sure if that was a compliment or a put down?

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast