Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Shore fishing

Default Shore fishing

I'm taking the family out on friday and will be fishing the shoreline does anyone know of any shore areas that are good for catfishing/panfish? Also any tips to make the family outing more successful, we haven't had the most luck the last few trips.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoach View Post
    I'm taking the family out on friday and will be fishing the shoreline does anyone know of any shore areas that are good for catfishing/panfish? Also any tips to make the family outing more successful, we haven't had the most luck the last few trips.
    The irvinelake lake website mentions the west shore and the santiago flats as good spots for catfish. I have fished both spots from shore before with varying degrees of success. Ask the lake staff for tips. The lake water levels are down but you have to work with what you have.

As far as catching fish you will have the best chance catching catfish in the early morning and late evening. I use a carolina rig made with carolina keepers, a 1/4 ounce egg sinker, and a 2/0 circle hook. For bait I use pike mackerel with or without attractant. Try to cast as far out as you can when fishing from shore.

I can't help you on panfish as I have never targeted them.