Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trout rig for kern river and eastern sierra streams/lakes

Default Trout rig for kern river and eastern sierra streams/lakes

It's been a while since I've done some trout fishing, mostly spend my time float tubing or night fishing castaic lagoon. I plan on going up to kern for a day next week and then do some fishing on the lakes above convict lake in a few weeks. What equip do you suggest, I'll probably use my sedona 1500 but what brand and lb. test do you suggest? I was going to go with 4lb test for both places. Also, I need to pick up a new trout rod, can you guys recommend me one, somewhere in the $50 range. Thx for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by verbalhologram View Post
    It's been a while since I've done some trout fishing, mostly spend my time float tubing or night fishing castaic lagoon. I plan on going up to kern for a day next week and then do some fishing on the lakes above convict lake in a few weeks. What equip do you suggest, I'll probably use my sedona 1500 but what brand and lb. test do you suggest? I was going to go with 4lb test for both places. Also, I need to pick up a new trout rod, can you guys recommend me one, somewhere in the $50 range. Thx for the info.
    I have a reasonably priced okuma sst paired with my pflueger president. I love it. Might need two pound test for the sierras as the fish can be quite skiddish.

Use very light tackle in sierras 2 lbs test and make sure your drag is set just perfect,as far as the rod and real under 100 bucks u can get a ugly stick combo that u can't go wrong with it. I have a $300.00 combo, but my ugly stick combo was just as good
    Good luck !