Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing in Crestline- need advice

Default Fishing in Crestline- need advice

Hello, I'll be out in Crestline this weekend. Can I fish in that lake?? If so, what type of fish and what bait should I take?

Thank you

That'd be Lake Gregory I'm assuming.

Here's a good start: http://www.lakegregoryrecreation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TRDEXPERT View Post
    Hello, I'll be out in Crestline this weekend. Can I fish in that lake?? If so, what type of fish and what bait should I take?

Thank you
    Trout fishing should to be better this weekend at Lake Gregory. Saturday is also free fishing day (no license required) so bring your friends who don't fish and help them get in on the fun. The fees established by the concession that operate the facilities (parking etc.) at the lake are still in effect though.

Quote Originally Posted by TRDEXPERT View Post

Thank you
    Heck yes you can fish it. The dam is a good spot and the parking is free there on the side of the road. The ballfield is usually productive too but you have to pay for parking there. I believe the ballfield is the only place where they have a fishing pass kiosk. Kastmasters, panther martins, roostertails, any kind of small spinner will do. Powerbait, nightcrawlers, and micetails work well for bait and wait. Good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by Kingfish Addict; 07-02-2015 at 07:25 PM.

It is required to have a fishing permit no matter where on the lake you fish and if you are visiting on the weekend there are individuals to check for permits. Be careful do not park in a lot that requires a fee without paying it, they will tow your vehicle and it is expensive!

The "parking lot" referenced by Kingfish is only a small amount of spaces that are off to the side of the road.