Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skinner closed 6/30

Default Skinner closed 6/30

Got a call from Shannon today and she said Skinner will be closed tomorrow, 6/30 due to bluestoning...

Thanks for the info. Have you been having any luck out there?
    I went from going 5 times a week to maybe once a month. Went twice last week and could not get it dialed in.

Planning on giving it another go before the weekend crowds.

Yes a big thanks was going there tomorrow...guess its DVL instead......

Did not go at all today ...good thing with the weather today...last place I want to be is on the lake, in a rental boat with lighting all around....

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bob View Post
    Thanks for the info. Have you been having any luck out there?
    I went from going 5 times a week to maybe once a month. Went twice last week and could not get it dialed in.

Planning on giving it another go before the weekend crowds.
    Yes, but it's not the wide open bite like last month. Averaging around 7-9 fat keepers a day but it's a grind and it takes about 9,000 casts a day. Low water level means fishing outside grass lines, pockets, holes in the grass and deep structure. Topwater early for smaller but active fish but once the lights are on you have to go deep or in heavy cover...

Anybody been out since it got Bluestoned? Curious about water level and weed die off...

Default Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Anybody been out since it got Bluestoned? Curious about water level and weed die off...
    I have been out twice since the bluestone and needed skunk remover both times
    The water level has dropped another 5 feet since the bluestone but the water is running really good at the inlet.
    Guess we are using more than is coming in.
    Talked to Shannon on Sunday after leaving the lake near closing time and asked her how the fishing was , she said she didn't see a single striper in the trash and didn't hear of any being caught .
    Welcome to skinner looks like it's ocean time till the fishing picks up.
    Last edited by Askwhy; 07-06-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Man, I take that as a challenge. Still waiting to hear from Last Chance Marine about my boat. Can't wait to get out there.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 07-06-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Man, I take that as a challenge. Still waiting to hear from Last Chance Marine about my boat. Can't wait to get out there.
    If you need a fix Pat, you can fish the Wood with me on Sunday in my new (to me) tracker tundra! Call me if you're interested. What happened to your boat?

That's nice of you Joe! I picked the boat up today and will be on the water tomorrow. It has a Terrova trolling motor which has motorized steering. Some gears had stripped and it would only turn left like a NASCAR. Really a problem when you're frogging the slop. Figured while it was at Last Chance I'd have the bottom end serviced and get new bearings on the trailer. I've only ever seen one of those Tundras. I have company this weekend, but I'd love to get on that thing sooner than later. Plus I'd appreciate a guided trip on Silverwood, having never been there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast