Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late report: Huntington was kind 6/26/15

Default Late report: Huntington was kind 6/26/15

I'll be honest, I was just lazy to get this post up. I hit up Huntington with my buddy on Friday for a day of bass catching with hopes of a few spotties, sandies, or even calicos. The fish gods heard my prayer and blessed me with 12 fish. Well, it's 12 if you count a 20lb bat ray as a fish.

Anyways, to make a long story short. I went 12 for 13 on the bass with a half dozen spotties in the 12-16" range. The rest were small sand bass and that bat ray. My buddy managed 3 spotties all of which were good sized models. We left them biting as I had to get home for dinner. It was tempting to stay since they were slamming the hammers so well.

My PB spottie for Huntington. It fought hard, and I was happy. lol

From this angle it seriously didn't seem like that super yacht would have fit under the bridge, but it crossed PCH, barely.

-IF2L

awesome job out there!! one of the most productive report from HH. i dont get much luck there lol . if i recall you like to fish with light tackle. can you give me some advice on the light tackle you use. lead head? small grubs? thanks man appreciate it

Wow. Nice going Bryan. That last pict is a really nice fish. And yes, I would consider the bat in the tally...probably fight ten times harder than most everything else we catch in harbors and from shore.

Congrats on a great session!
    Don

Nice spotties there,WTG,I saw that Yacht crossing the 150 area Friday,it was massive!

Cya Tuna Vic