Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Windows 10 ?

Default Windows 10 ?

I keep getting a offer for a free windows 10 upgrade for my desk top pc from Microsoft. I use windows 7 on it now and it works just fine for me. Any comments. I would really like to just stick with windows 7 but if 10 is better I might go for it.

I have Windows 7 also and love it, my wife has Window 8.1 and we both say it sucks. Not sure that I want to go to Windows 10. If you go and read some of the reviews on 10 and what it will do I don't think I need anymore intrusion into my life the NSA is quite enough.

I'd wait to see reviews before pulling the trigger because from what I've read, once you start to load it, it's irreversible. Windows 7 is the next to lose support from Microsoft though...

The few execs who received brand new laptops with Windows 8 on it threw them back at IT on fire, so that lets you know what they thought about it. Lots of companies wait a few months after a new OS release to even begin seeing how it will affect their current environment.

I don't have a Windows box at home. I prefer OSX for all my computing needs. Every update I've done with OSX has been pretty seamless. Windows? Not so much.

My wife up loaded 10 on her pc and lost a lot stuff, and she went back to 7. A few of my friends also had some problems with the upgrade. I am staying with 7 until Microsoft stops supporting it and I think that will be years from now, so far it works great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    I keep getting a offer for a free windows 10 upgrade for my desk top pc from Microsoft. I use windows 7 on it now and it works just fine for me. Any comments. I would really like to just stick with windows 7 but if 10 is better I might go for it.
    Windows 10 is excellent so far, I have installed it on all of my clients machines, even the seniors, Microsoft has hit a home run so far, you have until of July of next year to install it for free. You may encounter problems if you try to install without all of your windows 7 updates, I have only had 2 machines that installed correctly according to the Microsoft update/10 icon located on the task area. I narrowed the problem down to doing all possible windows 7 updates, then cleaning your cookies to get the 10 update clean with no issues. Window 7 updates are going to be discontinued soon, which means you will have to be somewhat tech savvy to keep it running cleanly. Windows 10 also has the ability to revert to windows 7 if you don't like it, so you have nothing to lose by trying it. Go for it you will be most pleased if your machine has enough memory and at least a dual core processor, I would recommend at least 6 gigs of ram/memory and a quad core processor, but it will work with 4 gigs and a dual core. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    My wife up loaded 10 on her pc and lost a lot stuff, and she went back to 7. A few of my friends also had some problems with the upgrade. I am staying with 7 until Microsoft stops supporting it and I think that will be years from now, so far it works great for me.
    I lost no programs or files. Get at me if you need some help.

10? wat happen to 9... 0_o