Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Visited DVL yesterday

Default Visited DVL yesterday

So my son had an All-Star Pony League tournament at Brubaker park in Hemet which is 2 minutes from the entrance to DVL. Between games I decided to take a drive over to the lake to see how low it actually is now. Strange to drive up the hill without my boat in tow. I ran into Stan who said they will draw it down another 20-30 feet or so before they begin the extension. The water is below the last extension by about 20 feet now. (est)...It is a sad sight. We did drive down the ramp and I showed my son where the water used to be. There are land bridges now and some peeps fishing way off where the west dam meets the shoreline. What a walk that must be. I hear there is some decent fishing but I'm sure the bite will really pick up once the draw down stops and fish can set up for the summer bite in full swing. Its cloudy in Hemet....PERFECT fishing weather. I wish I had brought a rod or two just to kill time with my boy between games. Anyway, no posts in this section in some time. Thought I would throw this out there.

Default Thanks for the Post

Thanks for the recent info on the ramp. When they finish the extension how long before we can start using it?? I know it's a stupid question but loosing all the lakes water is really stupid to me.

Dsrt Trtse

thanks for the report

Are you allowed to fish off the area around the launch ramp now from shore?

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    Are you allowed to fish off the area around the launch ramp now from shore?
    Not yet...it looks as if the same boundary rules are in affect....But certainly with a bit of a bike ride, the draw down will expose more fishable shore area. Most peeps were down to the right as they normally are.