Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought they don't exist in Silverwood?

Default Thought they don't exist in Silverwood?

Caught this guy on a chatterbait.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-06-27 18.31.52.jpg 
Views:	1070 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	46518

Where at silverwood is that picture taken? I know silverwood pretty well and I can't recognize where that picture is taken. I'm not saying it's not at silverwood but it doesn't look like silverwood to me

Wondering the same thing ^ Doesn't look like the Wood.

Actually I'm just gonna call BS on this post. No way there's smallies in there, I've spent enough time out there to know this is bogus.

Jmac is right. Usually I'm not gullible with things on the internet but he is right this is not from the wood

Just curious what kind of fish is that?

Also fished the dock today at the Wood, which was really crowded, me and my son caught two 2 pound stripers.
    The dock was packed and we lost two other fish to the cables, which really suck. All fish caught on anchovies but shad
    was the hot bait according to others.

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    Just curious what kind of fish is that?

Also fished the dock today at the Wood, which was really crowded, me and my son caught two 2 pound stripers.
    The dock was packed and we lost two other fish to the cables, which really suck. All fish caught on anchovies but shad
    was the hot bait according to others.
    Smallmouth Bass. It's a big deal if the fish really does exist in the lake as there are not many public lakes in Socal that has them.

Thanks for answer

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Actually I'm just gonna call BS on this post. No way there's smallies in there, I've spent enough time out there to know this is bogus.
    Stranger things have been caught at Silverwood but I'm struggling to ID location. Chemise is my only explanation but backdrop/mountains don't look right. No boat traffic makes me wonder when pic was taken. Also are we absolute with the confirmation this is a smallmouth? I just got back from Arrowhead and caught a few and just because color is similar I don't think that makes it a smallie. I've caught quite a few washed out largemouth at Silverwood. I don't know not an expert on everything green.

By the way if you like to toss a frog, now's the time!

Between Chamise Cove and the water intake pointing towards Sycamore Landing. There's some structure down there around 40ft.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast