Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought they don't exist in Silverwood?

Quote Originally Posted by Micropterus salmoides View Post
    Between Chamise Cove and the water intake pointing towards Sycamore Landing. There's some structure down there around 40ft.
    I tried blowing it up but my monitor sucks but it does look like Chemise I think the way the pic was taken makes the background look not quite right.

that's not at Silverwood

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    Just curious what kind of fish is that?

Also fished the dock today at the Wood, which was really crowded, me and my son caught two 2 pound stripers.
    The dock was packed and we lost two other fish to the cables, which really suck. All fish caught on anchovies but shad
    was the hot bait according to others.
    Shad? Frozen shad?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Stranger things have been caught at Silverwood but I'm struggling to ID location. Chemise is my only explanation but backdrop/mountains don't look right. No boat traffic makes me wonder when pic was taken. Also are we absolute with the confirmation this is a smallmouth? I just got back from Arrowhead and caught a few and just because color is similar I don't think that makes it a smallie. I've caught quite a few washed out largemouth at Silverwood. I don't know not an expert on everything green.

By the way if you like to toss a frog, now's the time!
    I do not know what lake that is, but that is definitely a smallmouth bass. It is not rocket science to tell the difference between a LMB and SMB. I have caught plenty of both. Never have I had trouble distinguishing between the two.

Now spots and LMB yes that can be tough at times, but once you get on a consistent spot bite you can tell the difference easily after that.

Yup, it's a Smallie. Besides the color and markings, the mouth is the telling clue. Even with it open, you can tell it doesn't go past the eye...

That is a smallmouth. I've caught enough of them that size. I like the bigger models with their full colors.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    that's not at Silverwood
    This is the classic example of the little Boy who cried Wolf!!!! So many people in the past here on FNN have thought it was funny to make a gag report. Most of the time these people meant no harm by it, but it casts doubt's on any unusual catch!!!! So if Kwin say's that SMB didn't come out of Silverwood, that's should be good enough for the logical thinkers on here. No disrespect intended against the OP!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-29-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Shad? Frozen shad?
    90 percent sure it was frozen shad, the guys who work on the dock.
    said the day before everybody caught fish using shad. There were people fishing at
    the best place on the dock and I saw them catch 10 stripers between 2 to 5 pounds, it
    looked like they were using frozen shad technique hooked twice making it look like a live shad.

Kinda looks like Havasu.

Quote Originally Posted by chompot View Post
    I do not know what lake that is, but that is definitely a smallmouth bass. It is not rocket science to tell the difference between a LMB and SMB. I have caught plenty of both. Never have I had trouble distinguishing between the two.

Now spots and LMB yes that can be tough at times, but once you get on a consistent spot bite you can tell the difference easily after that.
    I believe it to be a smallmouth also but only having targeted them a few times does not make me the expert. No doubt the mouth is a bit of a giveaway but at Arrowhead just last week we caught one that appeared to be a cross, a "meanmouth", only way that I knew to tell the difference was by the mouth, everything else was beyond my scope of knowledge. Well that and those beautiful eyes that the smallmouth had there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast