Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thought they don't exist in Silverwood?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Yup, it's a Smallie. Besides the color and markings, the mouth is the telling clue. Even with it open, you can tell it doesn't go past the eye...
    Smallmouth caught last week had the "markings" of a largemouth, but looks like all the Silverwood locals are sure this isn't the lake so it's a mute issue. I thought about stopping by Chemise last night to try and recreate the location on a pic but not worth the time invested.

Smb or lmb,Im just happy the algae is tolerable.....so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sealclubber View Post
    Smb or lmb,Im just happy the algae is tolerable.....so far.
    Yes but the weeds are going to be bad!!! Miller is choked up big time.

Default Reminds me of the Steelheads over here in LA

Quote Originally Posted by Micropterus salmoides View Post
    Between Chamise Cove and the water intake pointing towards Sycamore Landing. There's some structure down there around 40ft.
    http://www.fishwithjd.com/2009/04/01...-steelheading/

What are these stranger things you speak of Seal? Spill the beans...

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Stranger things have been caught at Silverwood but I'm struggling to ID location. Chemise is my only explanation but backdrop/mountains don't look right. No boat traffic makes me wonder when pic was taken. Also are we absolute with the confirmation this is a smallmouth? I just got back from Arrowhead and caught a few and just because color is similar I don't think that makes it a smallie. I've caught quite a few washed out largemouth at Silverwood. I don't know not an expert on everything green.

By the way if you like to toss a frog, now's the time!

Threads like these gets views!

OP says it was caught in Silverwood. DFG/DFW/DWTF says it wasn't (based on no evidence other than a reply on an internet post)

Popcorn time!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Threads like these gets views!

OP says it was caught in Silverwood. DFG/DFW/DWTF says it wasn't (based on no evidence other than a reply on an internet post)

Popcorn time!
    I think the funny part is for once I decided not to create drama and give the benefit of the doubt, a new leaf so to speak. Yet everybody else piled on. It's good to be the nice guy for a change, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I think the funny part is for once I decided not to create drama and give the benefit of the doubt, a new leaf so to speak. Yet everybody else piled on. It's good to be the nice guy for a change, lol.
    I'm just curious how a DFW guy is gonna claim that the fish wasn't caught at Silverwood when it took their department 10 years to realize stripers had invaded Castaic in the 90s, so I'm curious what up and coming technology they have to be so certain on something like this.

I'd prefer them telling us they'd investigate, rather than them being so certain that what they say should be taken as truth.

I'm just curious how a DFW guy is gonna claim that the fish wasn't caught at Silverwood when it took their department 10 years to realize stripers had invaded Castaic in the 90s, so I'm curious what up and coming technology they have to be so certain on something like this.

I'd prefer them telling us they'd investigate, rather than them being so certain that what they say should be taken as truth.
    But but but it's from the Guberment, you can always trust the guberment, would they ever tell a lie.....

I worked Silverwood 8-10 days a month for 5 years. The background geography, topography whatever you want to call it, is not at Silverwood....from any angle. I'm not going to waste my time investigating something I already know the answer to.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast