Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst boat ride ever......

Just coming to the defense of the Outer Limits Here. I've fished the boat mutiple times over the past few years, and to me Captain Paul, and his crew are one of the best ones out there. Even on trips where the fishing has been slow, he's pushed the boat and driven farther than he really needed to. I understand that you had a rough trip, but that's fishing for you, especially on offshore trips this early in the year. People keep forgetting we've been spoiled in terms of fishing recently, and forget how it normally is. The Captain really has no incentive other than to try to get his paying customers on his fish, so if he's telling you theres no fish on a patty, there really isnt. Did you also confirm with the captain if it was Catalina Island you were seeing? Could have been any numerous one of the islands out there, AKA Clemente cause I know a lot of boats shot out to Cortez Bank cause there was no reports of fish anywhere else. Next time you should probably bring up your concerns with the Captains and have him explain it to you directly, and show you the lack of fish on the sonar before you come out swinging on a forum.

Slow fishing always brings out a little hard feelings!!!!! I never blame anyone but myself anymore about slow fishing on a sport boat. I made the choice that day to go fishing and I picked the boat!!!!! So who's fault is it really????? I'm the captain of myself and I picked wrong!!!!! Just a little different way to look at things. I'll give everybody a hot tip, the New Lo-An is catching Bluefin Tuna Now!!!!! lol Handicapping 101, Bluefin Tuna and WSB bite on the Full Moon. Look up in the sky tonight, that moon is full!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-01-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Slow fishing always brings out a little hard feelings!!!!! I never blame anyone but myself anymore about slow fishing on a sport boat. I made the choice that day to go fishing and I picked the boat!!!!! So who's fault is it really????? I'm the captain of myself and I picked wrong!!!!! Just a little different way to look at things. I'll give everybody a hot tip, the New Lo-An is catching Bluefin Tuna Now!!!!! lol Handicapping 101, Bluefin Tuna and WSB bite on the Full Moon. Look up in the sky tonight, that moon is full!!!! lol
    Many people pick a boat that's catching fish based on their reports. When you discover the reports likely were lies, because the report of your trip was a lie, and you based your decision to fish on those lies, you have every right to call them out on it.

One really ugly trip will damage a reputation. I once had such a trip on the New Lo-An. Awesome, fishy boat, and one that I would recommend to anyone looking for a great day on the water. Love that wide beam and big-***, troll-five-across stern. But the owner/captain didn't like my being the hot stick on this particular trip and let me know it in a loud and insulting way. He knew what he did, I called him on it seven hours later at the dock, and he came at me again. That was 16 years ago or more and even with a change of ownership, I will never ride the boat again.
    Last edited by Marley; 07-01-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyBoy View Post
    Just coming to the defense of the Outer Limits Here. I've fished the boat mutiple times over the past few years, and to me Captain Paul, and his crew are one of the best ones out there. Even on trips where the fishing has been slow, he's pushed the boat and driven farther than he really needed to. I understand that you had a rough trip, but that's fishing for you, especially on offshore trips this early in the year. People keep forgetting we've been spoiled in terms of fishing recently, and forget how it normally is. The Captain really has no incentive other than to try to get his paying customers on his fish, so if he's telling you theres no fish on a patty, there really isnt. Did you also confirm with the captain if it was Catalina Island you were seeing? Could have been any numerous one of the islands out there, AKA Clemente cause I know a lot of boats shot out to Cortez Bank cause there was no reports of fish anywhere else. Next time you should probably bring up your concerns with the Captains and have him explain it to you directly, and show you the lack of fish on the sonar before you come out swinging on a forum.
    We tried to talk to the captain me and 3 others and he just blew us off and closed his door. And I am no retard I know what Avalon looks like this was not my first rodeo. In my opinion and the others I fished with the Outer Limits is a terrible boat and the crew was very rude......But I guess some people like their service below average to each his own, me and some others will never fish that boat again. And offshore from San Diego doesn't mean Catalina Island. It was a waste of time. If I wanted to fish Catalina I would have booked out of Newport on the patriot and fished more as they fished the same waters and caught 62 yellowtail to our 6. And my point still stands the boats captain is a fu$%ing liar we never even saw a blue fin and he reported we caught 6..Lying bastard....
    Last edited by Fishin4runner; 07-01-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I based this trip on wanting to go fish OFFSHORE and this was the only boat that was running from the landing that I love in the time I had off work. I won't make the same mistake. If my friends are catching I will go with their reports on the boats I know. That said when in San Diego I will stick with the Aztec or the Pride captain Greg and his crew are truly top notch...At least I can put some faith in your ocean reports.........Tight lines....
    Last edited by Fishin4runner; 07-01-2015 at 11:28 PM.

Well said Marley
    I understand it is fishing and not catching but when a captain insults his paying customers with false reports and the customer service is below par the boat has a problem. If the captain has no time to talk to the customer when nothing is biting then I have no time for that boat or captain.... Never again......
    Last edited by Fishin4runner; 07-01-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Or you could always buy your own boat??

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    Or you could always buy your own boat??
    No, most folks have neither the time nor the money for that so we engage the services of the people who do and who chose the life. I run a food service and the job I chose is to provide great service and great food to folks who contract with me. How could I ever look at a customer and tell them "You don't like my food and service, then buy your own business"?

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    No, most folks have neither the time nor the money for that so we engage the services of the people who do and who chose the life. I run a food service and the job I chose is to provide great service and great food to folks who contract with me. How could I ever look at a customer and tell them "You don't like my food and service, then buy your own business"?

Ok I'll play along.........

If someone is complaining about where they go how they go and course of actions then the idea would be to invest in your own vessel. If my steak came out crappy at a restaurant will I go back there again? More likely not. Would I expect to buy my own business after I vent how much it sucked? No. However if the food sucked and I know I good do a better job at cooking it and I don't have to deal with the bad service well then I would have to buy my own steak and cook it to MY SATISFACTION!

Only person to blame is myself if it comes out bad.........

Customers have an "Expectation Level" and sometimes it is unrealistic, however giving world class service at a price that affords the business the ability to prosper is the key to business success (Happy customer and happy owner). Some in business confuse "Service" with the farmer bringing the bull in to "Service" the cow and they are the ones that fail.

You only go into business for two reasons "Fun and Profit" and it there is no Profit it is no Fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast