Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst boat ride ever......

good read!!! and sucks what happened, sometimes you just wonder what the captains are thinking LOL i just try to make the best...on the SAN DIEGO tomorrow....

and very true Marley!

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    Ok I'll play along.........

If someone is complaining about where they go how they go and course of actions then the idea would be to invest in your own vessel. If my steak came out crappy at a restaurant will I go back there again? More likely not. Would I expect to buy my own business after I vent how much it sucked? No. However if the food sucked and I know I good do a better job at cooking it and I don't have to deal with the bad service well then I would have to buy my own steak and cook it to MY SATISFACTION!

Only person to blame is myself if it comes out bad.........
    If you lied about how good a cook you were and people believed you, would you expect them to come back? Most people have no clue what running a restaurant is all about, just like most have no clue about what running a fishing boat is about. What they DO know about is integrity, and that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingdachronarch201E7 View Post
    good read!!! and sucks what happened, sometimes you just wonder what the captains are thinking LOL i just try to make the best...on the SAN DIEGO tomorrow....

and very true Marley!
    Awe, man! I want so hard to get out tonight but will never make it to a landing after work. Good luck, whack some toads!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    If you lied about how good a cook you were and people believed you, would you expect them to come back? Most people have no clue what running a restaurant is all about, just like most have no clue about what running a fishing boat is about. What they DO know about is integrity, and that matters.

Maybe he was misinformed on where the fish were at? The captain had good intentions on putting is customers on fish. Who's to say he was really lying. Misinformation was sent. Mistakes happen? Correct?

Maybe he was misinformed on where the fish were at? The captain had good intentions on putting is customers on fish. Who's to say he was really lying. Misinformation was sent. Mistakes happen? Correct?
    Correct. Mistakes happen. I would wager a fair sum that this post would have gone nowhere had OP just gone off on a bad day's fishing, maybe even heard a few yaps and sounds of a tail being tucked. But the events were corroborated by another poster and that adds that much more credibility. Pretty clear the captain blew it and now has to live with a negative thread on a popular fishing website.

Misinformed? The captain said at the captains briefing I have no plan of attack I am just going to take a shot in the dark. HIS WORDS..Not mine.. And you are really on the push to defend this boat. I am telling you the boat flat lied about the catch, had no customer service skills, and the crew flat *** sucked. You can ask any that were aboard. And the fact that I put myself in another's hands to put me on fish is not my fault, that is what sport fishing captains are suppose to do. I figured the boat is at a good landing so they must be descent, obviously i was wrong. The captain and crew were inexperienced and it showed. The captain cared more about selling us a breakfast burrito then he cared about us catching fish. Ask any passenger that was on the vessel PM me I have their numbers. And calling 6 yellow tail 6 bluefin is a flat Fu**ing lie. Keep defending $hitty boats obviously that is your style of fishing. And on the note of buying your own boat, that is in the works I am currently looking for a boat to purchase. Just like the first time I rented gear on a deep sea trip and it fu%^ed up on me due to old line and lost me two fish. I bought my own gear. Very soon I will have my own boat.

And this is to you and anyone else I speak my mind The boat, captain, and crew FU$%ing sucked. And most of the anglers on the boat that day would agree.
    Last edited by Fishin4runner; 07-03-2015 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Customers have an "Expectation Level" and sometimes it is unrealistic, however giving world class service at a price that affords the business the ability to prosper is the key to business success (Happy customer and happy owner). Some in business confuse "Service" with the farmer bringing the bull in to "Service" the cow and they are the ones that fail.

You only go into business for two reasons "Fun and Profit" and it there is no Profit it is no Fun.
    You are totally right about expectation levels. I don't think mine and some others were to out outrageous..You ask a deckhand to help you tie a knot or check your drag they should help,,not act like you are irritating them. I watched a dude with a rented rod (obviously new to the ocean) ask a deckhand to attach a fluorocarbon leader and a hook for him on this trip, the deckhand acted irritated to do this simple task and tied a very poor uni to uni and attached the hook with a 4 turn uni that he didn't even cinch down. Both knots were loose and wouldn't have held during battle. I watched and looked over the finished product..I would have been embarrassed if i was that deckhand. Anyways I pulled the newbie aside and taught him how to tie an improved albright 7-up 7 down, and a Sandiego Jam terminal connection. and the dude was thrilled. Sad thing is if I left him to the horrible service on this boat he would have lost one of the few yellowtails that were caught due to improperly tied knots. Very sad.......
    Last edited by Fishin4runner; 07-03-2015 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingdachronarch201E7 View Post

and very true Marley!
    I'm surprised and not surprised this thread is still going!!!! Maybe someone can learn something useful from this thread. Kenny Rogers in his famous song the GAMBLER said it best. "There is a time to hold them and there is a time to fold them." That statement is so true when going fishing on any sportboat and here's why!!!!! They are expensive!!!!! That day and a half fishing trip we are talking about is usually priced over $300 dollars. That doesn't count food, drinks, jackpot, fishing cleaning, gas to get there and any fishing tackle you bought before you got on the boat etc. You're spending over $400 easy!!!!!!! Now if your going to invest that kind of money, wouldn't you want it to look kinda like a sure thing????? Like all the boats are catching 2-3 fish per rod. This trip was scrounge fishing at it's best, that's why the captain said, "I don't know where I'm going" because they weren't really biting for anyone very consistently at that time period. THEY ARE RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I can't wait to hear Fishingdachronach report on the San Diego!!!!! Those things are really biting, a bad day is 75 fish caught and a good day is 200 fish!!!! Now if Fishingdachronarch had a reservation on the San Diego and they switched boats on him to the Outer Limits and they had the same fish catch as the OP did. Yet the San Diego caught 150 fish, the OP grips would be a lot more valid!!!!!

PS. I just checked the fish reports for the San Diego today, a 100 Yellowtail caught by Noon!!!!! Go get them Fishingdachronach!!!!!

PSS. In fairness the San Diego was fishing for Yellowtail today and the OP was on a Tuna trip. However, with that being said the Tuna counts for most good boats this week was 30 Tuna or better. Today it's 50 or better!!!!! Taking Kenny Rogers advice, "it's time to hold them and go fishing!!!!" lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-03-2015 at 02:48 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123