Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst boat ride ever......

Default Worst boat ride ever......

well it has been awhile since I posted but with all the saltwater reports I had to go out. So I booked a 1.5 day trip out of San Diego. My go to boat has not been running so I tried out the outer limits and I must say a trip on this boat was a waste of time and money. That said, we boarded and set out on our offshore trip. After steaming allnight we set the troll rods out and what do I see Catalina island and I am thinking what the F^&* we are suppose to be offshore not 29 miles off of santa monica. Anyways the trip goes on we fish 2 kelp pattys. The first we catch 5 yellow tail and the captain says the fish are gone so we are moving on and me and 3 other fisherman throwing iron on the bow still see a huge school swimming the patty. The second we pull 1 yellow tail and the captain again says I only saw one fish, with one caught we are moving. Both patties we spent a total of 15 minutes fishing. The rest of the time we trolled back to san diego hooked one yellowfin tuna on a troll rod. As we watch the tunas boiling around the boat the captain again says the fish are gone and we are going to call it and head in. We were 2 hrs from San diego. We got to the harbor about 10:45 at night, kill the engines and the captain says we are not due in till 6:00 am so we will sit here until 5:00 am. All together the boat total was 6 yellow tail and 1 yellow fin tuna. This trip was not what me and a few other fisherman paid for so we complained to no prevail. The worst part was after I got home and looked at the reports the boat claimed 6 bluefin tuna and 1 yellowfin tuna a straight lie. If you are a fisherman and value your time and money stay away from the outer limits from seafourth landing they are a very scandalous boat........
    Now don't get me wrong Seafourth has some great boats such as the Aztec......
    Last edited by Fishin4runner; 06-27-2015 at 01:53 AM.

sorry to hear that ,a lot of them are lieing *** bitches..........I watch the facebook pics by people actually on the boats and not a landings propaganda post................

Well I can comfirm your report brother. My buddy and his son are the ones who caught the yellowfin tuna on the troll. He described the trip just as you say it. Just a long boat ride to catalina and a waste of money cuz the capt did not want to get his boat dirty? Seaforth is a great landing. Try the tribute next time if you can. They WILL NOT disappoint period.

Jon

I will definately scratch that boat off my list.

That's terrible!!!! Thanks for the heads up on that boat!!!

Seriously bad for business. Between this post and the other anglers who probably shared the experience via other forums and social media the "Outer Limits" is gonna be hurting for business in the near future for sure. Nothing worse than a capitan who doesn't know his CHIT and also lies about his take.

SAD...SAD...SAD

OMG thats terrible! You could have booked a boat out of Long Beach or San Pedro for HALF the price and had better fishing!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    sorry to hear that ,a lot of them are lieing *** bitches..........I watch the facebook pics by people actually on the boats and not a landings propaganda post................
    You got that right about the lying bitches. I think I would rather hit up hardcore and offer to fill his boat with fuel to take me out..........lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonee523 View Post
    Well I can comfirm your report brother. My buddy and his son are the ones who caught the yellowfin tuna on the troll. He described the trip just as you say it. Just a long boat ride to catalina and a waste of money cuz the capt did not want to get his boat dirty? Seaforth is a great landing. Try the tribute next time if you can. They WILL NOT disappoint period.

Jon

I will definately scratch that boat off my list.
    The boat ride sucked but seeing that boy reeling in that yellowfin was the high point of the whole trip. Except the deckhands didn't help move people so the boy could fight it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    OMG thats terrible! You could have booked a boat out of Long Beach or San Pedro for HALF the price and had better fishing!!!!!!
    That was the point I tried to get across to the landing. If I wanted to fish catalina I wouldn't have booked a trip in San Diego, spent more money and drove an extra 2 hrs.

Fish h&m landing. Great boats. I prefer the 3/4 day malahini. Great crew and they put u on fish. We went off shore 45 miles and got in 1&1/2 hours late but well worth it. They leave no stone unturned. At one point we were on a patty and saw one in sight. A PB was looking at the untouched patty but we cut him off and scored big.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast