Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarl

Ohh Cool I stay in Wilmington just across the bridge, That sounds awesome unfortunately am iffy about kayaks since i really don't know how to swim that's why i didn't join the Navy lol. So I have been thinking of getting a float tube which looks a bit more stable. I just started fishing so I would definitely would not mind going out with you learning some tricks of the trade. Heros on the Water sounds awesome ill check them out thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez25 View Post
    yeah same thing happen with me i wanted to get out and fish but got stuck doing other things :-(, Yeah am working on a deal for a creek company odc 420 not sure if its a good one but it looks good, I was also wondering about fins what do you recommend I been reading forums and they all have different preferences and also what do you recommend using Chest Waders or those Waders slippers/ boots things. thank in advance.
    Hey jhernandez25 the creek company odc is a nice tube either that or a Cumberland tube is good too. As far as fins go force fins and hotspot fins are probably the best out there. Force fins are pricy though. And waders I'd go with chest waders make sure it's the ones that breath pretty well. I personally like Simms waders. There's a forum I also belong to call float tube fishing forum where you can get more info and ask questions. Everyone on that forum is cool and helpful.

Here's their link: http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com/forum

I'm going to try and make it out this Saturday for the night session. Didn't get enough this past Saturday lol....

Quote Originally Posted by wyu View Post
    Hey jhernandez25 the creek company odc is a nice tube either that or a Cumberland tube is good too. As far as fins go force fins and hotspot fins are probably the best out there. Force fins are pricy though. And waders I'd go with chest waders make sure it's the ones that breath pretty well. I personally like Simms waders. There's a forum I also belong to call float tube fishing forum where you can get more info and ask questions. Everyone on that forum is cool and helpful.

Here's their link: http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com/forum

I'm going to try and make it out this Saturday for the night session. Didn't get enough this past Saturday lol....
    Good Luck out there will you be on a float tube ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Good Luck out there will you be on a float tube ??
    Good Luck out there, am going to try and make it out Friday night to Irvine lake but the following weekend am planning out going to SARL, my last time there I fished off the shore and only caught 1 but this guy near me on a float tube was catching one after another. I say we should all meet up and fish sometime. :-), the guy hasnt responded about the float tube so its time to hit up craigslist and see what i find.

Good Luck out there, am going to try and make it out Friday night to Irvine lake but the following weekend am planning out going to SARL, my last time there I fished off the shore and only caught 1 but this guy near me on a float tube was catching one after another. I say we should all meet up and fish sometime. :-), the guy hasnt responded about the float tube so its time to hit up craigslist and see what i find.
    Yeah float tubing for catfish is 10x better because you get to cover more ground and easier to find the honey hole! keep in mind that the catfish stack up on each other and dont move around like trout
    once you get that float tube going we will set something up and go slay some kitties

jhernandez if you go to that float tube forum they have a classified section. You can get a tube for a great value at times. I'm down to tube SARL when you guys are all set up. Send me a PM and we'll set up an outing.
    Last edited by wyu; 07-08-2015 at 04:27 PM.

How was everyone's weekend??? anyone managed to get out and fish?? Am still working on getting my float tube but in the mean time I did just pick up a Sea Eagle 9 off craigslist the deal was too good and couldnt let it go :-) What did shock me was that being a small inflatable boat that could be either paddled or used with a trolling motor it has to be registered at the DMV :-/. I also did managed to get out and fish but not SARL I decided to go to Irvine and managed to get the limit :-) first time ever reaching the limit so the feeling was awesome. Hope every one had a good weekend.

How was everyone's weekend??? anyone managed to get out and fish?? Am still working on getting my float tube but in the mean time I did just pick up a Sea Eagle 9 off craigslist the deal was too good and couldnt let it go :-) What did shock me was that being a small inflatable boat that could be either paddled or used with a trolling motor it has to be registered at the DMV :-/. I also did managed to get out and fish but not SARL I decided to go to Irvine and managed to get the limit :-) first time ever reaching the limit so the feeling was awesome. Hope every one had a good weekend.
    Nice job on the limit. i actually went on friday for the night session and caught my limit at SARL all on fly lined nightcrawlers fishing from shore. Crazy that they were biting so close from shore

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Nice job on the limit. i actually went on friday for the night session and caught my limit at SARL all on fly lined nightcrawlers fishing from shore. Crazy that they were biting so close from shore
    Nice!!!! Thats awesome, what part of the lake where you fishing?? am thinking of going out to SARL possibly Friday night :-) Eventhough I heard alot of negative things about using nightcrawlers for catfish, i think i have heard alot more success stories than negative stories.

Nice!!!! Thats awesome, what part of the lake where you fishing?? am thinking of going out to SARL possibly Friday night :-) Eventhough I heard alot of negative things about using nightcrawlers for catfish, i think i have heard alot more success stories than negative stories.
    I fished at chris pond towards the inlet! i might also be there friday night depending on my schedule
    Fly lined nightcrawlers are always a success at any lake. On my float tube i have much success with the nightcrawlers being that its a natural bait

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast