Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarl

Default Sarl

What's up fellas...

I'm planning to take my wife and kids out fishing for their first time on Friday 7/3 for catfish. We'll be fishing from shore so no tubing for me.

I've never fished this lake before so any tips on bait and location would be great. I've heard that on the big lake the bubble hole, la Palma point, and west shore are pretty good but don't know about any other locations or locations on Chris's pond or catfish lake.

Any help would be great. I'm trying to get them on the fish so their first experience would be a memorable one.

Thx

All of those areas are top hitters
    You might want to try the boat dock also in the Big lake, As for chris pond any area by the inlet should be good
    Remember location is key so if you dont get bit with in 30 mins its time to move
    Shrimp, Mackarell, Nightcrawlers and meal worms are all hot baits. make sure to add marshmallows
    Go buy yourself some Hog Wild at big 5 just make sure to not touch it with your hands lol thing is smelly
    Good luck out there and hope you get into some fish

Which Hog Wild Flavor have you had the most success on??, Thank You in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    All of those areas are top hitters
    You might want to try the boat dock also in the Big lake, As for chris pond any area by the inlet should be good
    Remember location is key so if you dont get bit with in 30 mins its time to move
    Shrimp, Mackarell, Nightcrawlers and meal worms are all hot baits. make sure to add marshmallows
    Go buy yourself some Hog Wild at big 5 just make sure to not touch it with your hands lol thing is smelly
    Good luck out there and hope you get into some fish
    Thx for the info Mr T-Rex. Just thought about this. How's the water levels at the lakes? Has anyone fished there lately?

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez25 View Post
    Which Hog Wild Flavor have you had the most success on??, Thank You in advance
    I usually just get the Regular one! Also there is this garlic spray i use i don't really know the name of that.
    Haven't fished those scent baits in a while since iv'e been tubing for catfish! I fly line my baits (No Weight) & my go to baits are nightcrawlers and shrimp

Quote Originally Posted by wyu View Post
    Thx for the info Mr T-Rex. Just thought about this. How's the water levels at the lakes? Has anyone fished there lately?
    All 3 lakes at SARL are full thanks to to the Santa Ana river pushing in water to all 3 lakes so make sure to fish any inlets!
    There are pumps between Levits Corner & the Pump house so the cats are stacked up
    I was there 2 weeks ago on my tube & limited out with in 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    All 3 lakes at SARL are full thanks to to the Santa Ana river pushing in water to all 3 lakes so make sure to fish any inlets!
    There are pumps between Levits Corner & the Pump house so the cats are stacked up
    I was there 2 weeks ago on my tube & limited out with in 2 hours
    Thanks for the tip Mr T-Rex. I wish I was tubing. I'll be shore fishing cause I'll be with the family.

Quote Originally Posted by wyu View Post
    Thanks for the tip Mr T-Rex. I wish I was tubing. I'll be shore fishing cause I'll be with the family.
    No problem if you need any other tips feel free to message me
    Hey buddy you cant go wrong with family time & fishing.
    good luck out there and let us know how you do

Thanks T-Rex for sharing good information not a lot of people are willing to share there spots and or "Secrets" really appreciate it, I took up fishing to relax and deal with my PTSD which has help tremendously and have tried to talk to people to learn and get info and most usually just shurge me off. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by jhernandez25 View Post
    Thanks T-Rex for sharing good information not a lot of people are willing to share there spots and or "Secrets" really appreciate it, I took up fishing to relax and deal with my PTSD which has help tremendously and have tried to talk to people to learn and get info and most usually just shurge me off. Thanks again.
    No problem that's what this forum is for to help others! there are plenty of fish for everyone to catch
    Nothing wrong for sharing some knowledge and helping another fisherman out
    You made a great choice because fishing can relax mind & relieve so much stress! Good luck in your outing hopefully you get onto some fish
    Ill be out there friday night in my tube

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast