Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Huskerrod and the Perris fish of epic proportions.....and jail time. (8-25)

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    The fish was on 6 pound line and at the end was beaten. But between the rangers commands, godging his outboard, and wenching the fish it was done. The fish was a huge catfish.

Now their has been a lot of news lately on police and the public. Hey, im guilty i admit it. I was never challenging or abrasive to the ranger...the ranger was To me. Isnt that the sort of community policing we are getting away from ? I essentially got yelled at and overrun by his boat as he stone cold me. But im guilty, i admit it. Do i have to get reprimanded on the state of californias budget??? Do i have to get rubbed in my face the fact that its $400 dollars the fine and the worthiness???
    You should have asked him how much $ was he going to put into his deferred comp for the over time not to mention the cash cow retirement he has coming from the State Employees PERS program. I wish I was so lucky to have fed at the State PERS trough!

why ding his file for doing his job smdh
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaulus9 View Post
    dang.. thats a tough call. shame the ranger was such a prick. you can always fight the tix and see if they either lower or give community service. i would also file a complaint against that officers attitude. dont think it do any good, but it would put a negative report in his file.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    If you weren't rude he shouldn't have been but as far as the ticket goes I think you rolled the dice and lost.

But really a catfish? That would have made my decision a lot easier, cut the line.
    same here. cut the line.

Quote Originally Posted by chompot View Post
    I would be curious on DFW's thoughts on intentionally cutting your line with a fish on. It definitely is not ethical, IMHO, to intentionally break off a fish with a hook in its mouth.
    Guess better to tighten down the drag and break off seeing as though it was 6lbs test that would have been easy with little line lost, wouldn't want an excess of line in the water that also would be a no no. I really don't think using this as an "excuse" would have worked though but nice try!

I would say go to court. I was cited once for no tags on my hunting license during dove season in Riverside. I paid the $150.00 fine that was sent to me but had a notice come back for mandatory court appearance. At court I told the judge that I had bought the tags but they fell off my license like my others did when the warden took my license. The judge then ordered me to pay only a $50.00 fine for the offense. I then told him that the court owed me money back.
    You might get a better outcome from the judge. Who knows. He might be a fisherman also.

If you go, he may not show up to court and your case will be dismissed. However , if he does you will most likely lose and have to pay the full fine. I'd say if you have the time go and give it a shot it might pay off for you. Good luck!

Yah, Im gonna go to court. It is August 4th at 12:20. Im not gonna lie. Im guilty. In the heat of battle I lost all accountability of time. I knew I was past closing, but knew it was still close. Ill plead for a reduced infraction or maybe some community clean up. I almost feel like a big time criminal. Im going to court to see the judge, pleading my case, admitting guilt, hoping to cop a plea deal. But it has a different feel to it when it is an infraction versus a felony. You can plea a felony down to a misdemeanor. What do you plea an infraction down to?? And I cant wait to explain to people waiting in the courtroom why Im there...I stayed out fishing twenty minutes to long at Lake Perris. Plus I might bring the courtroom to their knees when I give my excuse......I was fighting a monster fish and lost accountability of time. I can almost see the courtroom erupting in laughter right now, but hey, its the truth. Im gonna have to be tactful and pick my words wisely or I may end up getting carried out in a straight jacket.

And heck, I learned my lesson. I went back out the next day and spent the evening with one eye on my pole and one eye on my wrist watch. I was one of the first guys in.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 06-27-2015 at 03:50 PM.

You should have been arrested for wearing that shirt.................youre out of the husker club pal!!!!!!!!!!!................

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    You should have asked him how much $ was he going to put into his deferred comp for the over time not to mention the cash cow retirement he has coming from the State Employees PERS program. I wish I was so lucky to have fed at the State PERS trough!
    I guess officer's putting their life on the line for ungrateful people like you on a daily basis isn't enough for a good retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    I guess officer's putting their life on the line for ungrateful people like you on a daily basis isn't enough for a good retirement.
    I think Bassin PLS and other's on this board do appreciate the difficult and dangerous job our peace officers do in serving the public!!! However, most Conservatives on this board (I would say they are in the majority) have expressed their unhappiness in the past about the under funded State pension system. They know in the long run that the state is going to have to bail them out at Tax payer's expense!!!! Bassin PLS was merely expressing that private pension funds aren't as lucky as the State pension funds. The State people will get their pensions regardless, even if it has to come at Tax Payer expense. This is a very common Conservative view point!!! Now if you want to try to debate that a peace officers pension is more deserving then say that of a Teacher, that's a whole new can of worms!!!!! What I found funny when I did a little research on you. That you are a Conservative!!!!!! I came to that conclusion when I found you had said on another thread, "Ha spoken like a true Democrat!!!!" Hey, I believe as a Liberal, "If the State promised people a pension" they should get it no matter what!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-28-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast