Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Huskerrod and the Perris fish of epic proportions.....and jail time. (8-25)

dang.. thats a tough call. shame the ranger was such a prick. you can always fight the tix and see if they either lower or give community service. i would also file a complaint against that officers attitude. dont think it do any good, but it would put a negative report in his file.

I sort of holding out hope the ranger would understand the circumstance. I was gambling he was an outdoorsmen. I gambled wrong.

After two hours of fight i just couldnt cut it. It felt to juch like surrender. Im going to now double my effort (not to mention my line size) And dedicate my next big catch to that ranger. Where ever he is, hunched over coffee and dognuts, the next ones for one.

Quote Originally Posted by dpaulus9 View Post
    dang.. thats a tough call. shame the ranger was such a prick. you can always fight the tix and see if they either lower or give community service. i would also file a complaint against that officers attitude. dont think it do any good, but it would put a negative report in his file.
    Good point "d". Im going back today. Wouldnt mind chatting with him some more, but this time the boat will be out by 830. Maybe i will even man up and tell him where to stuff that coupon book he carries around

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    If you weren't rude he shouldn't have been but as far as the ticket goes I think you rolled the dice and lost.

But really a catfish? That would have made my decision a lot easier, cut the line.
    I didnt actually see color until he...the ranger....was bearing down on me and putting pen to paper. Lesson learned, use heavier line. But let me tell you guys something. 6 pound sunline held up for two hours on a 30 pound catfish and only gave out when it got wenched. Sunline...im a believer
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 06-26-2015 at 10:50 AM.

And in the end, life is about memories. And this fishing trip ill be talking about for the ages. Who knows, i might even tell one of you guys about it at lake perris.

And gang, i should be double easy to spot now. Look for the guy with huskerrod on the side of his boat.....or.....listen for the guy telling anyone within ear shot of the night i got the ticket

you my friend had one of Perris Lakes huge Flatheads... no doubt in my mind... Bummer about the ticket although I understand he was doing his job.. Otherwise things like that would spread like wildfire... If he allowed you to get away with it and you posted it, It would happen every day... Just one of those things...

Pete

Rod, I just heard through the rumor mill that a lake record bass of 20.8lbs was found floating dead in sail cove this morning. He was gut hooked.

I would be curious on DFW's thoughts on intentionally cutting your line with a fish on. It definitely is not ethical, IMHO, to intentionally break off a fish with a hook in its mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Peestick View Post
    Rod, I just heard through the rumor mill that a lake record bass of 20.8lbs was found floating dead in sail cove this morning. He was gut hooked.
    Peestick,

You just made the list buddy along with that super cop/super Ranger and for old time sake Ill throw "wellbilldancesays" on that list as well...lol

Quote Originally Posted by chompot View Post
    I would be curious on DFW's thoughts on intentionally cutting your line with a fish on. It definitely is not ethical, IMHO, to intentionally break off a fish with a hook in its mouth.

Chompot,

Hey, that could be a good angle for the judge. If you see me in a neon vest on the side of the road and didnt go over all that well...hehhehe

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast