Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Huskerrod and the Perris fish of epic proportions.....and jail time. (8-25)

I feel so special having research done on me. I disagree that the state will eventually have to bail out PERS. PERS is alive and well and has been for years.

it's the scientifical side comin out again!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I think Bassin PLS and other's on this board do appreciate the difficult and dangerous job our peace officers do in serving the public!!! However, most Conservatives on this board (I would say they are in the majority) have expressed their unhappiness in the past about the under funded State pension system. They know in the long run that the state is going to have to bail them out at Tax payer's expense!!!! Bassin PLS was merely expressing that private pension funds aren't as lucky as the State pension funds. The State people will get their pensions regardless, even if it has to come at Tax Payer expense. This is a very common Conservative view point!!! Now if you want to try to debate that a peace officers pension is more deserving then say that of a Teacher, that's a whole new can of worms!!!!! What I found funny when I did a little research on you. That you are a Conservative!!!!!! I came to that conclusion when I found you had said on another thread, "Ha spoken like a true Democrat!!!!" Hey, I believe as a Liberal, "If the State promised people a pension" they should get it no matter what!!!!!!
    Read this tucker;
    http://www.mercurynews.com/californi...-its-liability

And if, as many top economists and money makers predict, the markets crash, it's going to be bad. I firmly believe those who risk their lives day in and day out to protect and serve should indeed be well taken care of, and those on the government payroll who do not should not be a burden on the taxpayer. And to think we pay these teachers well, give them pensions and medical care for life just to have them indoctrinate our children with their leftist ideology. Not all do it, but here in Cali, most indeed do...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Read this tucker;

And if, as many top economists and money makers predict, the markets crash, it's going to be bad. I firmly believe those who risk their lives day in and day out to protect and serve should indeed be well taken care of, and those on the government payroll who do not should not be a burden on the taxpayer. And to think we pay these teachers well, give them pensions and medical care for life just to have them indoctrinate our children with their leftist ideology. Not all do it, but here in Cali, most indeed do...
    I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact that a huge debt is owed to state pensioners!!!! The big question is, "how do you settle it?????"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-28-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact that a huge debt is owed to state pensioners!!!! The big question is, "how do you settle it?????"
    I said LEO's and those who put their lives on the line for us. The run of the mill state workers should save and invest like the rest of us taxpayers do, including the politicians...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Read this tucker;

Oh Hawgzy, I am so disappointed in you saying this! LOL I admit I am somewhat of a paradox, being a conservative minded full time high school teacher and a part time college prof. I should be liberal as hell! But please, let's dispel the notion that I am paid well. Unlike the police, which I have the utmost respect for, I have TWO Master's Degrees to pay for (M.S. Convservation Biology 2007, M.S. Educational Leadership 2010) and am getting ready to begin my doctorate. I have been a product of the good ol' Cal State University System and it is NOT cheap. Lets not suggest that most local law enforcement has any more than a high school diploma to make all that money. I could easily do the work of a local police officer but you would hard pressed to find a cop who can teach effectively. I should have gone into the fire department or the police academy and became a "hero" with my high school diploma...Instead, like and idiot I went to college. Sigh......What was I thinking?
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 06-28-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Oh Hawgzy, I am so disappointed in you saying this! LOL I admit I am somewhat of a paradox, being a conservative minded full time high school teacher and a part time college prof. I should be liberal as hell! But please, let's dispel the notion that I am paid well. Unlike the police, which I have the utmost respect for, I have TWO Master's Degrees to pay for (M.S. Convservation Biology 2007, M.S. Educational Leadership 2010) and am getting ready to begin my doctorate. I have been a product of the good ol' Cal State University System. Lets not suggest that most local law enforcement has any more than a high school diploma to make all that money. I could easily do the wrk of a local police officer but you would hard pressed to find a cop who can teach effectively. I should have gone into the fire department or the police academy and became a "hero" with my high school diploma...Instead, like and idiot I went to college. Sigh......
    Please tell me how you know so well you could "easily do the work of local law enforcement."

I was in the Sheriff's Reserve 40 years ago in search and rescue and did a number of patrol ride a long's. I can say it was not anything I would want to do for a living then much less in today's world. 20+ years ago I also coached high school baseball as a walk on coach. I had more power as a coach with my players than a teacher has with students. Again it is a job I would not want today. It takes a special person to do both jobs with success and keep their sanity. Hats off to both of you. Search and rescue was a physical and sometimes emotional taxing job but I did not have to worry about being shot or sued for doing my job. Coaching I had the power to bench or cut players that were trouble or problems, teachers not so much, coaches also get headaches from parents.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I was in the Sheriff's Reserve 40 years ago in search and rescue and did a number of patrol ride a long's. I can say it was not anything I would want to do for a living then much less in today's world. 20+ years ago I also coached high school baseball as a walk on coach. I had more power as a coach with my players than a teacher has with students. Again it is a job I would not want today. It takes a special person to do both jobs with success and keep their sanity. Hats off to both of you. Search and rescue was a physical and sometimes emotional taxing job but I did not have to worry about being shot or sued for doing my job. Coaching I had the power to bench or cut players that were trouble or problems, teachers not so much, coaches also get headaches from parents.
    I wish everybody felt like you did Mike.

The one thing that the public does not know about or understand about LEO is most of your calls are not about going into the best neighborhoods and dealing with educated and civil people happy to see you. Also you are on a constant heightened state of alert and must have situational awareness and it does not go away when you are off the clock. That alone over a career takes a toll.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast