Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Huskerrod and the Perris fish of epic proportions.....and jail time. (8-25)

I guess i would call myself conservative. Gun toter..yes sir. Husker state great hunting but very cold winters. I think with me, more so then teaching p.e., my conservative views come from being a midwest guy. Never really fit in this socal madness. Thank god for the lakes to pass the time. Retre in 10 years or so and back to the midwest i go

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    "Leftist Indoctrination" is MUCH more prevalent at the college level...
    http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/29...s-textbooks-do

Sometimes it starts earlier, Crow.

In 2010, the Texas Education Board voted to rewrite textbooks with a heavier conservative focus.
    An entire state's educational board having this much power is pretty incredible, but indoctrination happens at all levels.

Rodrigo, what grade do you teach?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/29...s-textbooks-do

Sometimes it starts earlier, Crow.

An entire state's educational board having this much power is pretty incredible, but indoctrination happens at all levels.

Rodrigo, what grade do you teach?
    What Texas is doing can hardly be considered "Leftist Indoctrination". However, we should all understand that educational priorities fall upon the state and the state ALONE. No mention of education is ever made in the Constitution. It was created without any explicit mention of education because the founders of this country felt that education should be the priority of the state, and be tailored each state's history and culture. No Child Left Behind was the first real assault by the federal government into public education. It was meant with ridicule by liberals and conservatives alike and it proved an utter failure. So, states having all the power is par for the course. What Texas is doing is no more unethical than what Berkley professor wackjobs are teaching California college students.

Oh....By the way...Texas is also a better run state than the entire country as a whole. They have a higher per capita income and some of the lowest taxes in the country while providing some of the best public schools, emergency and first responder services, public parks and recreation, and roads and infrastructure than any left wing nutbag state in the Union.

Not that I'm about to leave the beach for Texas, but you get what I am saying.
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 07-09-2015 at 12:30 PM.

What Texas is doing can hardly be considered "Leftist Indoctrination".
    Of course not. I just don't wanna be the one to label what they're doing as, "rightist indoctrination," cuz that sounds stupid.

What Texas is doing is no more unethical than what Berkley professor wackjobs are teaching California college students.
    So unethical practices swing both ways. See, we're making headway.

Oh....By the way...Texas is also a better run state than the entire country as a whole. They have a higher per capita income and some of the lowest taxes in the country while providing some of the best public schools, emergency and first responder services, public parks and recreation, and roads and infrastructure than any left wing nutbag state in the Union.
    I tried to google 'Texas State Ranking" and all I got was high school football programs. Wasn't too surprised when people would spend more money building a high school football stadium, rather than a hospital, but I digress.

Though, I found that in 2013 (I know it's dated)

1. Texas ranks 44th in percentage of high school graduates.
    2. First in amount of carbon emissions.
    3. First in hazardous waste produced.
    4. Last in voter turnout.
    5. Last in people with health insurance.
    6. Second in percentage of ininsured kids.

Texas ranks the lowest in the nation for women with health insurance, and second lowest in the nation for percent of pregnant women that have prenatal care. It ranks third in the nation for overall birth rate, but it also ranks highest for teenage birth rate. (Keep teaching abstinence, instead of wearing a rubber!)

So, Texas is 44th in graduation rates, and 47th in SAT scores. Texas investment per student is 27% less than the national average. Only 51% of students earn a bachelors degree within six years, meaning that only 17% of Texans actually get a bachelors degree.

Now I know why you wouldn't leave the beach for Texas, Crow.

But i hear the fishing is great!

Shadow...my first 18 years on the job has been at the middle school level. I think "eat crow"(always wanted to say that) is high school.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 07-09-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Shadow...my first 18 years on the job has been at the middle school level.
    Hope you were cooler than my middle school PE teacher. He yelled at the kids who couldn't do a pull up and had a fascination with jock straps.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Of course not. I just don't wanna be the one to label what they're doing as, "rightist indoctrination," cuz that sounds stupid.

So unethical practices swing both ways. See, we're making headway.

I tried to google 'Texas State Ranking" and all I got was high school football programs. Wasn't too surprised when people would spend more money building a high school football stadium, rather than a hospital, but I digress.

Though, I found that in 2013 (I know it's dated)

1. Texas ranks 44th in percentage of high school graduates.
    2. First in amount of carbon emissions.
    3. First in hazardous waste produced.
    4. Last in voter turnout.
    5. Last in people with health insurance.
    6. Second in percentage of ininsured kids.

Texas ranks the lowest in the nation for women with health insurance, and second lowest in the nation for percent of pregnant women that have prenatal care. It ranks third in the nation for overall birth rate, but it also ranks highest for teenage birth rate. (Keep teaching abstinence, instead of wearing a rubber!)

So, Texas is 44th in graduation rates, and 47th in SAT scores. Texas investment per student is 27% less than the national average. Only 51% of students earn a bachelors degree within six years, meaning that only 17% of Texans actually get a bachelors degree.

Now I know why you wouldn't leave the beach for Texas, Crow.
    All categories with a leftist agenda...Saw right through that one. Sorry man. You had husker rod fooled for a minute I think though....

You'll notice that Texas has 0.00 personal income tax and is ranked one of the highest states in the country to do business with. Further, they rank in the top 20% with regards to unemployment. Also, Texas serves as a state with one of the lowest welfare benefit awards per recipient in the Union.

So.......
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 07-12-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Shadow...my first 18 years on the job has been at the middle school level. I think "eat crow"(always wanted to say that) is high school.
    I notice you always spoil my name like that....Did I do something to piss you off? Or is my size 14 shoe just making you a tad bit jealous?

Ya left this off the Texas list.

When I was at my sons (Mount Pleasant, Tx) the wild hogs were a terror to the crops. Well the state has no limit and the typical hunt was to go after them at night when they are out doing the damage.

Tools to use:

AR15 in 300Blackout. Subsonic .30 ca evil black rifle.
    Suppressor to reduce noise and confuse the pigs from where the shots were coming from.
    IFR or night vision scope. All the better to see um with in the dark.
    30 round magazine. Those pigs come in large herds.
    All legal in Texas, don't mess with Texas.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast