Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Huskerrod and the Perris fish of epic proportions.....and jail time. (8-25)

Rod, catfish or the lesser of fish, a bass......dude totally worth it for a big catfish in my book. Rod, we had a great canada trip, lots of muskies this year, topwater, toad smallmouth. Dude, you gotta leave so calif, its gets better the further away you go !

Muskyman..i. was wondering how u did. Pm me the details. What about eyes? Its about eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Oh Hawgzy, I am so disappointed in you saying this! LOL I admit I am somewhat of a paradox, being a conservative minded full time high school teacher and a part time college prof. I should be liberal as hell! But please, let's dispel the notion that I am paid well. Unlike the police, which I have the utmost respect for, I have TWO Master's Degrees to pay for (M.S. Convservation Biology 2007, M.S. Educational Leadership 2010) and am getting ready to begin my doctorate. I have been a product of the good ol' Cal State University System and it is NOT cheap. Lets not suggest that most local law enforcement has any more than a high school diploma to make all that money. I could easily do the work of a local police officer but you would hard pressed to find a cop who can teach effectively. I should have gone into the fire department or the police academy and became a "hero" with my high school diploma...Instead, like and idiot I went to college. Sigh......What was I thinking?
    What about your "leftist indoctrination"? You didn't mention how you handle that?
    I'm sorry, but Hawgzy and Devs avatar's pretty much sum them up without them having to say a single word.
    I have much respect for teachers. It's a thankless, underpaid job that unfortunately some don't take seriously and give others a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    What about your "leftist indoctrination"? You didn't mention how you handle that?
    I'm sorry, but Hawgzy and Devs avatar's pretty much sum them up without them having to say a single word.
    I have much respect for teachers. It's a thankless, underpaid job that unfortunately some don't take seriously and give others a bad name.
    Dude its tough...As a conservative educator, especially as a man of science, I am a pilgrim in an unholy land. However, "Leftist Indoctrination" is MUCH more prevalent at the college level. I know university professors that are leftist whacko nutjobs and I can't believe they are actually employed at any institute of higher learning. But hey, to each their own....Some battles just aren't worth the fight. I'd rather just keep fishin'

I offend people sometimes because I am a highly educated, progressive, innovative CONSERVATIVE. I call a strike a strike and a ball a ball. I think it scares liberals. I call them on their Bull**** before they can pull it.

On another note though, I thought the park ranger in this case was an a$$clown. Who is he to lecture anyone on budget crisis in California? As a matter of fact, Governor Brown released a final budget that was healthy in extra money for schools, roads and public services....So, the guy with the badge and the gun, in this case, was CLUELESS.

I'm sorry about your ticket man.

When I was coaching on the High School level I found the most Conservative were the Men's PE and sport coaches, math, science and vocational arts teachers and athletic directors. The most liberal were english, foreign language, history, social science, art teachers, girls PE teachers and administrators.
    This was back in the early/mid 80's.

I used to live in Phelan and fished Silverwood for 6 years and was never asked for my fishing license. Moved to Menifee in 2012 and started fishing Perris and have been asked to show my license on four occasions. Go figure. Frankly, I don't mind showing my license, I wish it was done more often. It would help to cut down on the illegal fish poaching by unlicensed fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    When I was coaching on the High School level I found the most Conservative were the Men's PE and sport coaches, math, science and vocational arts teachers and athletic directors. The most liberal were english, foreign language, history, social science, art teachers, girls PE teachers and administrators.
    This was back in the early/mid 80's.

I would say that's exactly how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I would say that's exactly how it is now.
    Somethings never change I guess. The question is do the music, art and girls PE teachers have rainbow bumper stickers on their cars now.

Oh and how many NRA stickers are there too.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 07-07-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Somethings never change I guess. The question is do the music, art and girls PE teachers have rainbow bumper stickers on their cars now.

Oh and how many NRA stickers are there too.
    Your not gonna believe what i do for a living guys...drum roll please....p.e. teacher. Seriously, this will be my 21st year.

Boy PE teacher=Conservative.

Ya got an NRA sticker? Mighty fine pheasant hunting in the Husker State.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast