Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Morning Butts

Default Morning Butts

Haven't really gotten many surf fishing sessions in this year because I've been mainly bass fishing on my hobie outback. Been getting that itch to get out and get my toes in water and that is exactly what I did today. Got to my first location about 5:10am and started slinging my LC in the dark. The tide was getting a little too low for my likings but i figured i give it a try. After about an hour of mixed salads and no takers, I make my drive to the second location. Second location water was really moving and looking real fishy. I start throwing my sardine lc then after about ten minutes i get my first bite. I hook set but my drag was too loose so it didnt get a good set and it came unbuttoned. What a rookie mistake and i was pretty pissed at myself. Took a breather then started casting to the same spot. At this point im fishing my Lc pretty fast as i am coming off a crankbait binge for spotties then suddenly bam my lc gets slammed and immediately starts burning drag. This fish is zipping back and forth as im nervously excited as it had some weight to it. Landed a healthy 23.5" butt. Skunk off, first legal of the year, and dinner. thanks for reading. and im sure from my pictures you can tell where i went.

Last edited by tamddo714; 06-25-2015 at 10:00 PM.

nice outing..
    really digging the cinnamon swirl bun while nature watching..
    by the looks of your picture it looks like you went to the beach....am I close??? lol.
    thanks for sharing buddy!

Nice comeback after unbuttoning the first take. Great way to start a day...cinnabun and a big ol' flapjack!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by madbass View Post
    nice outing..
    really digging the cinnamon swirl bun while nature watching..
    by the looks of your picture it looks like you went to the beach....am I close??? lol.
    thanks for sharing buddy!
    haha yeah it was at the beach. if you wanna know the location pm me!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Nice comeback after unbuttoning the first take. Great way to start a day...cinnabun and a big ol' flapjack!

Don
    yeah it was a nice relaxing and fun day. thanks for the kind words! tight lines

Nice cin roll,but nicer Hali! WTG

Cya Tuna Vic

Great job on this year's first legal! They've been slim pickin's this season.

I gotta tell ya ... this one looks demonized with the dark shadowed eyes, the gaping mouth and the blotchy red covering it's skin!

By the looks of it .... it could possibly be carrying that contagious Halitosis bug!
    Let us know if you get an uncontrollable urge to fish for Hali's! There's no cure! Ha ha ha!

Enjoy the tacos!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 06-30-2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: sp

Thumbs up

Congrats on your first legal Hali of the year... that's exactly one more than me.

Keep up the great job out there.