Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey PETA

Default Hey PETA

Scientists settle age-old debate over whether fish feel pain

It is a debate that has raged for years. But now Britain’s four million anglers can rest easy – because fish do not feel pain, scientists have concluded.

Fish do not even suffer when they are hooked and fighting for their lives, according to research by an international team.

They say fish do not have a brain system or enough sensory receptors in the nerve cells to experience suffering.

While fish may struggle to get free, the scientists say this does not mean they are in pain. Instead, they show ‘little effect’ from injuries and toxins that would leave humans in agony.

In their experiments, reported in the scientific journal Fish and Fisheries, researchers inserted needles into the jaws of rainbow trout.

Jim Rose, professor of zoology and physiology at the University of Wisconsin, who led the project, said: ‘In spite of large injections of acid or bee venom, that would cause severe pain to a human, the trout showed remarkably little effect.’

Fish also resumed normal activity within minutes of surgical procedures, as well as after being caught and released back into the water. Prof Rose added: ‘It is highly improbable that fish can experience pain

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3e3tE8rVz

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    They say fish do not have a brain system
    And yet they are still a pain the *** to catch.

Did the scientists also find out how a person with a brain 20 sizes larger than a fish still cannot fool them to eat their bait? That's the study I'd like to read up on.

Hmm, I posted on this thread yesterday and it's gone. So here goes again;

Dev, since when do facts mean anything to these morons? They're for the most part liberals and we know liberals make it up as they go. It's like the man made global warming scam. Just a bunch of leftist blowhards spewing verbal flatulence...

Bang up job resurrecting a 2˝-year-old article to get Hawggy foaming at the mouth. You trolled him well.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Hmm, I posted on this thread yesterday and it's gone. So here goes again;

Dev, since when do facts mean anything to these morons? They're for the most part liberals and we know liberals make it up as they go. It's like the man made global warming scam. Just a bunch of leftist blowhards spewing verbal flatulence...
    Maybe your original post was gone because someone figured you for a moron. If that's the case, I applaud their judgement.

At any rate, just because animals such as fish do not interpret pain the way humans do doesn't diminish their suffering. I am no PETA advocate, and I will continue to fish as I always have, but only a mouth-breathing Con˛ would believe that a fish's reaction to being hooked up is merely some dissociative physiological reaction. A fish doesn't require human emotion to figure out that being dragged by a sharp thing in it's lip isn't beneficial to its well being.

Lol, hey you trollin' me Dev? Shame on you...

No Quagga your the only TROLL around here. I'll put ANY info from any date/time to discredit PETA or the Eco-Nazi's. Lies and Bull Excrement does not have an expiration date.

Lol, feelin' a little rebellious tonight Dev? Ya need to get the Redneck Rocket between those two flags. It's gotta represent too.

Oh ya, the link got changed Dev, it takes ya to a story re: the Tunisian massacre...

this article is even worse than pucker boy's writin' jk.

BUT,

anyone who believes this malarkey is lacking indeed.

When I gotta answer for all the kills I have made in my lifetime on this little blue sphere, I am instead going with:

"that fish only died from the joy it felt from eating yummy PB, it was not my gut wrenching treble that hurt it... after all, that one article says it felt no pain and wasn't hurt by my hooks."

instead of:

"I love to fish, I need to eat some protein so it didn't go to waste!"

OR the ol' standby,

"Thank you Mr. Fugu for giving your life for the sake of keeping the food chain alive and kickin'!"

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 06-26-2015 at 09:43 PM. Reason: btw, i don't use trebles.

I'll put ANY info from any date/time to discredit PETA or the Eco-Nazi's.
    And yet you've failed to do so.

Lies and Bull Excrement does not have an expiration date.
    You're living proof. Bask in all your coprolitic glory.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post

this article is even worse than pucker boy's writin' jk.

BUT,

anyone who believes this malarkey is lacking indeed.

When I gotta answer for all the kills I have made in my lifetime on this little blue sphere, I am instead going with:

"that fish only died from the joy it felt from eating yummy PB, it was not my gut wrenching treble that hurt it... after all, that one article says it felt no pain and wasn't hurt by my hooks."

instead of:

"I love to fish, I need to eat some protein so it didn't go to waste!"

OR the ol' standby,

"Thank you Mr. Fugu for giving your life for the sake of keeping the food chain alive and kickin'!"

This article is worse then pucker boy's writing!!!!! Geez!!!!!! But I'll let that comment slide, what I do want to write about is nicknames. Since you have already given me a nickname, "pucker boy" I thought it was only fair I give you one. Your nickname for me, "pucker boy" isn't all that imaginative. It's merely a play on my last name and your obvious obsession with A holes!!! For you I was inspired by the very raunchy adult cartoon. "South Park." One of the minor (major) characters on the program is a boy named Butter's. He is a good likeable boy on the show, but everyone keeps picking on him. After so much abuse by everyone including his own parents, he creates an EVIL alter ego of himself and call his new persona, "Captain Chaos." If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm comparing myself to the character Butter's. Along comes this other little boy who is a bit of an outcast himself and wants to join Captain Chao's gang. That little boy reminds me of you!!!!!!! So I am now going to give you the same nickname Butter's gave this outcast of a person. "General Disarray!!!" I think it fits you perfectly!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-27-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast