Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: The home pyramid money scheme.

Default The home pyramid money scheme.

Do ya remember when that was going on a lot. Think it was in the late 80s. I never did invest in it but went to some of the meeting, you had to invest $500 to start and as the pyramid grew more money would be in it. But at the end when the pyramid was full only the ones on top would get the big pay off. I seen a few of my friends get about $ 15 grand from it. Very illegal I guess. O well hope you know what I am talkin about, when you get to be older your brain has a lot of memories stored in it.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Do ya remember when that was going on a lot. Think it was in the late 80s. I never did invest in it but went to some of the meeting, you had to invest $500 to start and as the pyramid grew more money would be in it. But at the end when the pyramid was full only the ones on top would get the big pay off. I seen a few of my friends get about $ 15 grand from it. Very illegal I guess. O well hope you know what I am talkin about, when you get to be older your brain has a lot of memories stored in it.
    they are still around... just in sheeps clothing...

Some make money,most lose.

Cya Tuna Vic

Sounds like primerica. Big scam wanted my money and when I asked to be sponsored for my entry fee they laughed I even said I'd sign something that stated they could have there money back out of my first check I knew it was a joke I just liked asking them questionsthey could not answer

I don't need no stinkin' pyramid money scheme.

I've got a Nigerian Prince about to wire me 300,000,000 big ones! (All I had to do was send him 20k in transfer fees)

Quote Originally Posted by youronecastshort View Post
    Sounds like primerica. Big scam wanted my money and when I asked to be sponsored for my entry fee they laughed I even said I'd sign something that stated they could have there money back out of my first check I knew it was a joke I just liked asking them questionsthey could not answer
    I'm curious what you're referring to, since my 401k is through one of their subsidiaries. Sponsorship? Entry fee?

It was part of a entry fee it was about 8 years ago was looking for work seen there add went in and they wanted 200 to join there program it was down in Temecula i I had no cash to join since I was looking for work felt it was weird so I asked them if they where so sure about there program to pay my entry fee and I'd pay it back with my first check made they chuckled got up and tried with next guy
    Last edited by youronecastshort; 06-25-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by youronecastshort View Post
    It was part of a entry fee it was about 8 years ago
    Ahh...ok....