Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: carp on a jig?

Default carp on a jig?

ive heard of people catching carp on mini jigs, and ive seen videos, but im not sure how it would work. im skeptical, mostly because i definitely catch them consistently on corn, but i would like to give it a shot. first off, what kind of jigs? and how do i fish them? and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Corn or mix a sugar cereal into balls . Mix with root beer or another soda . Fly line in the zone.

I caught a 25lb carp my biggest on a large ika,I was fishing for bass at Legg Lake, I think he was just investigating more than eating,sure was fun on 10lb test line.

Cya Tuna Vic

Default Minijig Carp

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    I caught a 25lb carp my biggest on a large ika,I was fishing for bass at Legg Lake, I think he was just investigating more than eating,sure was fun on 10lb test line.

Cya Tuna Vic
    Anywhere they are actively feeding on shad or other small baitfish. Also, in rivers, a reaction strike to something they can see flowing by in the current. White seems to be the best, but I'm sure there are many favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Corn or mix a sugar cereal into balls . Mix with root beer or another soda . Fly line in the zone.
    So, put the balls around the jig?

I've hooked into a couple giant carp on tiny hand tyed marabou jigs at Perris, but these jigs were tipped with crickets. I say hooked into because with 1 and 2 lb test, I did not land them. I'm not sure why I go down to 1 lb test mono. Just trying to have fun I guess..