Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The stone.

Default The stone.

It's been a long time for me doing any fishing at puddingstone, anyone been there these days. It was my home like as a kid and would ride my bike to it. I think this winter was the very first time that no trout were stocked in it. Times have changed. I found this old photo of the west dam being built, late 20's I think. Heck I love old photos like that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 1.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	46510

Was there sat, water was 78, the weeds are thick, and the fishing was slow. Got 3 bass, nothing pic worthy, on triged worms. Did see some guys catching blue gills on the north sore just off the ski beach.

Nice photo,I also havnt been to the Puddle in a while myself,maybe close to two yrs,may not sound like a long time but I used to go 2-3times a week,caught a lot of bass there,2-10lbers+, big catfish,and the largest crappie I've ever caught 3lbs,I really liked it when that had the boat rentals and all the guys worked there,they were all pretty cool,we used to fish that dock after hours and catch some big bass! Oh well I guess it falls into that category of "nothing stays the same"!

Cya Tuna Tuna

Haven't been yet this summer..i love the weeds cause that means some good topwater in the morning and some at dark...throw frogs and buzzbaits where not too thick

Thanks for the reply guys.

Went last nite...some weeds but not too bad....tons of shad but no action...did not see one fleeing shad...got shut out...what has happened to this lake?

Yep dday07 the old pudd's not what it used to be. Its still June and the weeds are thin, late summer the shore is almost impossible to fish do to the shore growth. Years ago you could wade out passed the weeds and it was ok to do that, but not now. I would catch a ton of bass just before sun down that way.