Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Need more proof!

Default Need more proof!

Need more proof that liberal politicians are as much against fishing as hunting.

From California State Senator Tom Berryhill's office:

Sport fishing Stimulus Act of 2015 moves, in a lesser form, to the Assembly

My Legislation, the Sport Fishing Stimulus Act of 2015 (Senate Bill 345), passed the Senate and is now in the Assembly awaiting a hearing. In an unexpected turn of events, the Senate Appropriations Committee removed the key provision and sent a scaled down version of the legislation to the Senate Floor.

In its original form, Senate Bill 345 would have replaced California’s antiquated (and impractical) calendar year fishing license with a 12–consecutive month license––much like a DMV license or any number of other available licenses in California. According to data in other states that have adopted a consecutive month license, this small change could have bolstered license sales in California. That language was removed by the Senate Appropriations Committee. What the bill does now is offer a reduced price junior angler license.

California has 4,000 lakes and reservoirs, over 20,000 registered ponds, and thousands of miles of streams and rivers, yet has experienced an unprecedented decline in recreational fishing. Over the past 35 years, annual fishing license sales have plummeted more than 55%, while the cost of an annual license has increased 840%! Today, California ranks dead last for sport fishing participation.

The decline must be addressed. I intend on pursuing this issue with my colleagues in the Senate and in the Assembly until we get the changes needed to revitalize an industry that many people enjoy and rural communities depend upon for tourism dollars. Allowing for a 12–consecutive month license would have made the system more convenient and encouraged people to buy a license and enjoy the sport.

Just one more little piece of evidence that proves liberals are complete idiots. But I don't know, I wasn't convinced that that bill would have made much of a difference with the prevailing attitudes in Cali. You have guys get caught chucking Trout and the guy who does the right thing by calling them out on it is thoroughly character assassinated online by the many and not the guys caught doing the illegal deed. Same goes for catching record fish in no fishing zones and still trying to claim the record. You have to wonder how many of those guys have fishing licenses. Plus many of the younger generations are too addicted to their tech devices and sitting in their little social bubbles at Starbucks than to actually go fish...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 06-22-2015 at 09:32 PM.

As a sportsmen I'm not to happy what they do in Sacramento either when it comes to the great outdoors!!!!! This would be a great opportunity for some house broken Conservatives to get elected and be a spoke person for the outdoorsmen. The problem is, "the people I thought were potty trained are not!!!!" Case in point, the Editor of Western Outdoor News. He did an editorial about this exact issue and some other Gun control issue just last month. This guy has got to have a Graduate degree in Journalism to get where he is at WON. The same kind of good credentialed individual might be palatable enough to the public and actually get elected, they then could be a spoke person for the Outdoorsmen. Yet if you listen to some of these guy's, "I swear their reading a Russ Limbaugh rant word for word. That kind of person, would never get elected by the voters of Komafornia!!!!!! So how about it folks, let's try to find some Conservatives that are potty trained and get them elected. So everything isn't decided by the F ing liberals who don't understand crap about the great outdoors.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-22-2015 at 09:49 PM.