Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Lake Closing to Boaters Folsom Lake

Default Another Lake Closing to Boaters Folsom Lake

Another lake closing to Boaters Folsom Lake in central California. All boats have to be removed by June 21 2015.

I figured the water level in Folsom was already too low to launch there. Although the water situation up north isn't nearly as bad as down south. I just got back from Clearlake and there seems to be one heck of a lot of water in the Sacramento area. All the way down I-5 there are signs posted by the central valley farmers which are raising cain with Brown, Feinstein and Boxer. One of them asked the question: Bullet Train or Reservoirs? went on to refer to the bullet train as Brown's Boondoggle"... I without a doubt, agree wholeheartedly with the sign.

Glad to hear about the water situation up north. I've been looking for places to fish in that direction since the levels are down in southern California. Have you heard about the Bishop area.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley51 View Post
    Glad to hear about the water situation up north. I've been looking for places to fish in that direction since the levels are down in southern California. Have you heard about the Bishop area.
    What lakes are you worried about in So Cal. Nothing is closed down here. What are you fishing for that you are affected by the water levels? Where are you looking to fish up in the Bishop area? The river and creeks are fine. A few of the reservoirs are low, but tons of other lakes have plenty of water.

Other than maybe Piru and DVL not allowing private launching I'm not sure what you mean about issues is So Cal in terms of fishing....

Relax just following the trend that we're going to see more of in Southern California. Exploring other opinions. Thanks for the info BassinPLS. I'm looking at the June loop area Maybe intake II, June lake etc.

Relax just following the trend that we're going to see more of in Southern California.
    What trend? Private launch ramps being closed to private boaters?

At the rate the drought is going there will be more launch ramps being closed to private boaters in southern California sooner than expected.

I noticed on the weekly fishing emails sent out by DVL that the water level dropped 2.09 feet in the last week! At that rate when and if they get the launch ramp extended, a guy won't be able to launch; since there won't be any water in the Marina!

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    I noticed on the weekly fishing emails sent out by DVL that the water level dropped 2.09 feet in the last week! At that rate when and if they get the launch ramp extended, a guy won't be able to launch; since there won't be any water in the Marina!
    As the water drops, the rental docks are moved out. The attenuator is going to be high and dry pretty quickly but that's part of their plan. Construction will begin on the new ramp in July once the water has receded enough to do the excavation. The addition is going to be about 120 lineal feet. There will be no launching until water is released from the aqueduct, which won't happen until we get significant rain and snowpack...

I'm looking at the June loop area Maybe intake II, June lake etc.
    You will be just fine at any of those lakes. Grant is going to be low but you should not see any issues with the other 3 lakes. These are natural lakes and I believe Grant was created as a reservoir by damming Rush Creek. DWP does draw down water from Grant, but the other 3 lakes would have to get lower through evaporation.... I think, don't quote me on any of this. haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast