Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRESH ONES !!!!!!!! 6-20-15 on the KOLOMONA

Default FRESH ONES !!!!!!!! 6-20-15 on the KOLOMONA

I could hardly sleep Friday night with all the excitement of big yellows rooming in my head, All my gear was set and ready to go waiting for me at the door ,alarm was set for 3am but I was out the door by 2:59
    Me and mike met up with Jeff and off we go. after launching we hit a couple spots and stocked up on live bait it wasn't even 7 am and we were all smiles already pulling on some good looking mackerel.
    best decision we made because it truly paid off. we shot down to the horse shoe or as most people have been calling it lately the ZOO, I lost count after 70 boats, Jeff manged to carefully position the great Kolomona for us get our first baits in the water, Mikie and I started fly-lining our baits as we see boats hooking up around us, Jeff gets his bait going but still no joy for any off us until Jeff decides to give his bait a couple pulls and BAMMM FRESH ONEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    Then I hook up but after just one run SNAP my line busted , but the action continues as Mike hooks up to his very first yellow, the look on face " price less" !!! he battles his first yellow for a couple minutes then the gaff makes quick work of it , Mike was glowing with the feeling of accomplishment, successes nice 20 ponder I think Mike would have been just fine going home at the moment he came he battled and conquered.
    its slowed down a bit after that plus the crowds of boats around were just making this to difficult so we trolled for a bit around the outside of the crowds with no luck , we streamed lined to the 150, Jeff saw signs of life and i was quick to get my line in the water first with a feisty bait with in seconds FRESH ONE !!!! another 20+ pounder by this time we 4 big yellows on the boat with plenty of time to fish, Jeff picked a good spot and we anchored up after a couple hours , a few cold one and the best Chorizo burritos ever ( thanks Mom) we picked 5 more quality yellows that included a double hook up (mike and Jeff, would had been a triple hook up but i got greedy and didn't let her run so she busted me off and i was left as the gaff man for Jeff and Mike but at the end of the 4th quarter with 5 seconds left FRESH ONE !!!!! redemption , my new PB a Monster a beast my back breaker it kicked my *** even with a 7' heavy rod and #30 mono but I got her. job well done !! that brought our day to a close an awesome day with lots of laughs ,high fives and great people, Thank you mike and Thank you Jeff for an unforgettable day on the water , on a side note pay attention when cleaning your fish i learned the hard way OUCH !! but it got me out of cleaning fish LOL . tight lines guys!

Nice going guys. Both the fishing and the cleaning. Jaime needs a fillet glove for his birthday....

Good killing Jaime!!

It just keeps getting better,thanks for the report, I love to hear when guys get em away from the crowds,sorry about the thumb.

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice ones guys! Way to slay.

Always....Always a privilege watching you guys doing your thing on the water. "KEEP'M COMING"

thanks guys, thumb is getting better , i gave it till Friday to heal then its game on again

I just can't believe the quality of the YT this year!!!
    Great job out there guys.
    Robert
    <><

Dang!!! I wish I had cool friends to fish with and catch big yellows

nicely done young grasshoppa!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast