Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moonlight Event Saturday 6-20

Quote Originally Posted by Piratepup View Post
    I will be leaving the kayak at home for this event, see you all at the dam. I will be the guy with the Beagle. Any specific gear I should bring for fishing from the dam. I plan on hitting the tackle shop today.
    I'll try to swing by and introduce myself, we'll probably be around the lagoon most of the time. We bought 1/0 owner hooks, night crawlers, lug worms, a few top water lures (LC Pointers), 3/4oz sinkers in case we need some casting distance and fresh sardines. Oh, and beer, lots and lots of beer.
    Last edited by soimthatguy; 07-24-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soimthatguy View Post
    I'll try to swing by and introduce myself, we'll probably be around the lagoon most of the time. We bought 1/0 owner hooks, night crawlers, lug worms, a few top water lures (LC Pointers), 3/4oz sinkers in case we need some casting distance and fresh sardines. Oh, and beer, lots and lots of beer.

be careful with the beer..its an easy ticket..im gonna try to go to the night fishing if i don't go looking for boils in the daytime..just noty sure if u are going to the lagoon or the upper lake

Gonna stir up a bucket but oh well! Can all u guys remind the gate and harbor patrol there to kick out all fishermen prior to event. !! Not cool while u and buddies are all parked and w8 for event and gate to open. The guys fishing dam pretend to walk to car 1/2 way at closing 7pm then walk back= there's 100 people on dam when u just paid to get in. Son of a b*******. Ya not cool, but like all things there's cheaters out there . I'm sure a couple boaters do the same. Trailer up then relaunch. Fair..........???? Hmmmmmmmmmm. After 11pm it's pretty much free to get in as the gate people leave to home

oh, thanks for the heads up. Might have to leave it behind then

Quote Originally Posted by fishingboysdad View Post
    be careful with the beer..its an easy ticket..im gonna try to go to the night fishing if i don't go looking for boils in the daytime..just noty sure if u are going to the lagoon or the upper lake

result for moonlight event anyone ???? either everyone tight lipped about it or a total skunk loss.....?

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post
    result for moonlight event anyone ???? either everyone tight lipped about it or a total skunk loss.....?

i didnt make it ..i took my son looking for boils on sunday instead and caught 11...

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post

I wish I could say I caught a big fish but the closest I got to catching a fish was the bait I was using. I think it was the same for everyone else. The fish's ninja skills were great.

It was really great meeting everyone. Hope to see you all out on the shore/lake again!

The commradare is great but 95% of the moonlights Castaic and others hv been a skunkfest for several yrs in a row now. I thnk the better bets are twilight for the time and same $$ ull spend. The reports showing sandbass n cudas at night. Beats sitting in the dark dam hoping to evn get a strike to show up. Wah wah wah

Hit 3 catfish off the bank with cut sardines. The boats were hitting pretty good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast