Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moonlight Event Saturday 6-20

Default Moonlight Event Saturday 6-20

Went out on Saturday night for the moonlight event and actually caught a few fish, which means they must be biting pretty well.

I got 3 LMB on a drop shot. (6" oxblood worm.). Picked up 1 LMB and 1 SMB on a crank in about 8 feet of water, and had 2 more come off on the crank.

The SMB was probably the biggest fish of the 5. All pretty small, but they kept me entertained all night which was cool.

Next month I might have some first-time anglers on the boat that would probably be better off baiting stripers. Did anyone have any luck with the stripers on Saturday?

caught 2 catfish about 5 pounds each(they were safely released)..had a few strikes on my sardines but didn't set the hook..i did see about 4 stripers pulled out..we fished the dam

Quote Originally Posted by fishingboysdad View Post
    caught 2 catfish about 5 pounds each(they were safely released)..had a few strikes on my sardines but didn't set the hook..i did see about 4 stripers pulled out..we fished the dam

I will be there this Saturday night looking for them big catfish and dinker stripers !

I will also be out there this weekend. Just got back from a 3/4 day for tuna so we have a full scoop of dines to work with!

Quote Originally Posted by soimthatguy View Post
    I will also be out there this weekend. Just got back from a 3/4 day for tuna so we have a full scoop of dines to work with!
    I am thinking of hitting up the moonlight fishing this Sat. I would be fishing off my kayak. How do trout bite at night? I have never fished at night so I am going to have to get some night led lights for the kayak.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratepup View Post
    I am thinking of hitting up the moonlight fishing this Sat. I would be fishing off my kayak. How do trout bite at night? I have never fished at night so I am going to have to get some night led lights for the kayak.
    I've had a skunk season on trout so I'm not to sure. I've been trying kastmasters, jointed rapala, garlic powerbait, lucky craft pointers, yu zuri lures and didn't produce anything.

We've been on a bit of a striper bite here and at Silverwood. Cut sardines and worms are producing the most at the moment.

I'll be out there by 8pm

Quote Originally Posted by Piratepup View Post
    ..as far as trout, there probably aren't any around since the last stocking was in may..usually they don't last long because they are either eaten up by the stripers or they are fished out by fishermen..i havent seen any kayaks out at the upper at night, so u may wanna check ahead of time to be on the safe side..u can always join us at the dam if they don't allow them..

they don't let kayaks/canoes tubes or inflatables on upper lake even in daytime...lagoon only ; moreso on night event from any of the participating lakes moonlight events

first time ive heard of catching from event in yrs.....last yrs mostly skunks!! so boring everyone on cellphones ; calld quits by midnite each time I went

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post
    they don't let kayaks/canoes tubes or inflatables on upper lake even in daytime...lagoon only ; moreso on night event from any of the participating lakes moonlight events

first time ive heard of catching from event in yrs.....last yrs mostly skunks!! so boring everyone on cellphones ; calld quits by midnite each time I went
    I called the general info and they let me know that for the night event they are allowing Kayaks on the uppoer lake. They do have restrictions on kayaks on the upper lake but it is due to the low lake level. Anyhow I am going leave the Kayak at home as I will have more fun just meeting people.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingboysdad View Post
    ..as far as trout, there probably aren't any around since the last stocking was in may..usually they don't last long because they are either eaten up by the stripers or they are fished out by fishermen..i havent seen any kayaks out at the upper at night, so u may wanna check ahead of time to be on the safe side..u can always join us at the dam if they don't allow them..
    I will be leaving the kayak at home for this event, see you all at the dam. I will be the guy with the Beagle. Any specific gear I should bring for fishing from the dam. I plan on hitting the tackle shop today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast