Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mammoth mid July

Default Mammoth mid July

Haven't posted in a while, haven't done much fishing either. Bought a Harley n she took over my life. Lol heading up to Mammoth for the first time n plan on fishing 5 days straight. Any tips or advice as to what to use n where to fish would be greatly appreciated. Tight lines n thanks.

I usually stick w/lures like small spoons & spinners. Also use mice tails,hooked onto a small salmon egg hook w/ a small split shot a foot or two up the line and drag it along the bottom.

I mostly like fishing the Twin Lakes or Lake Mary in Mammoth using power bait, I have not done well with lures - didn't learn how to use them properly. My other favorite lake is a short drive up the highway to Gull Lake in the June Lake loop. For weight I have used the clear bubbles you fill with water they sink slower than the lead weights.

gold bouyants and rainbow bouyants worked good for me

Quote Originally Posted by dpaulus9 View Post
    gold bouyants and rainbow bouyants worked good for me
    So it's mid July n I'm here. Started at Twin Lakes this morning. They jumped all around us but didn't bite anything. Had a deer walk up on us while we were fishing. Went to lake Mary for nothing. No bites or anything we left n hiked for a bit then went back to Lake Mary n rented a pontoon n found them. Hooked up on 2 3lbers n 5 dinkers. Caught them on cheese power bait n mice tails. Fishing is tough just got to find them. No complaints tho it beats work.