Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Happy Father's Day to me!

Default Happy Father's Day to me!

Decided to take the wife n kids out to Perris for the morning. Hit the lake around 7:15 (the girls couldn't hang w 6, lol). We fished all the usual spots with not much to show and the kiddos wanted to swim so I just decided to treat the day like a family day w a little fishing sprinkled in here and there. It started to turn into a zoo so we headed back to some shallower water, mostly to escape the traffic. I started tossing a larger profile spinnerbait and managed a couple LMB in the 2-3lb class. Just as I was thinking it was about time to head home WHAM! I knew it was a decent fish and being I was only using 8lb line I was shaking I was freaking out so bad. She turned and went straight at me and under the boat (in 3' of water that was interesting). After cranking and playing w the drag for a few minutes (seemed like 20) she finally showed herself and our 9yo daughter netted her. 8.06lbs! Happy Father's Day to me!!!

Last edited by Baja1ab; 06-21-2015 at 04:26 PM.

nice! she must have been pretty excited too.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    nice! she must have been pretty excited too.
    Yes, she was. I had my wife and son (7) w me as well. Our little guy, who fishes with me everywhere, just kept saying "WOW" over and over, lol. This is a personal best for me so I was screaming like a little girl, lol.
    Last edited by Baja1ab; 06-22-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Nice One!!! Congrats..

Heard its been a zoo at perris lately! with diamond shut down this really sucks!

Congrats on your PB! Nice fish!

That is a sweet fish. I take my Grand Kids, Son & Daughter-in-law to Perris on occasion and I can't get them there before 9-10 am, so I launch early and fish before they finally arrive. My son would be all over an earlier launch; but for the granddaughter & daughter-in-law an 8:00 o'clock start is plenty early for them on a weekend! They miss the best fishing time; but then they are more into riding in the boat and getting their toes wet!

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    That is a sweet fish. I take my Grand Kids, Son & Daughter-in-law to Perris on occasion and I can't get them there before 9-10 am, so I launch early and fish before they finally arrive. My son would be all over an earlier launch; but for the granddaughter & daughter-in-law an 8:00 o'clock start is plenty early for them on a weekend! They miss the best fishing time; but then they are more into riding in the boat and getting their toes wet!
    As long as they're gettin out there on the water, that's what matters, right? We typically do the same as you. My son and I usually leave early and launch at open and then the wife and daughter come around 10-11 for the water.

What's crazy is this fish was caught at around 12:45pm, high sun, about 100deg out in about 2.5' of water. Technically all the wrong conditions, lol. But I'll take it!

Go Figure! That runs against everything I know about bassin'!